If you get over a person fairly quickly, does it mean you really didn't love them?

If you have a really bad fight over an important issue and end things with a significant other, and can move on in not very much time, does it mean you didn't love them that much? Or are some people just better at getting over these kinds of things?

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• Care to expand on why you think he/she might be getting over you quicker?

0|0
    0|0
    THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE
    • I actually meant me getting over him quicker. I mean, it still stings because it was just yesterday that things ended, and I know it'll be rough for a little while, but I think I'll bounce back. I think I felt it coming so I enjoyed it while it was going on but deep down was prepared so I still had my guard up to an extent, if that makes any sense.

• Show All
    • Yeah, that's a good idea. Good luck.

• Thanks for everything. All the listening, opinions and kind words.

Most Helpful Girl

• I would just assume people have a better way of getting over things in such little time. Maybe it was easier to break up because it was over an important matter and you guys weren't on the same page about it?

0|0
    0|0
    THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE
    • That's actually exactly what happened, but I think he was just being too stubborn. I wrote the details up in the conversation with the Anonymous guy if reading that helps you get what went on.

• Show All
    • You're right, and I know exactly what you mean. I don't want to wonder later if we could have found some common ground. I know later down the road I probably would have wondered about it. Thanks.

• Sure thing hun :) you're all good. And good luck

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 4

• It could also be that the reason for the breakup was so logical it trumped your emotions towards your significant other. You did fight over an important issue, after all.

0|0
    0|0
  • I don't think so. I'm just not a very emotional person so I've never been sad for more than a day or 2 after a breakup

0|0
    0|0
  • Not at all, just means your emotions fade faster than others (you can get over someone fast)

0|0
    0|0
  • A little bit of both

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 4

• No not necessarily it could mean they haven't taken the time process or they're just mentally prepared to lose and let people go. I've seen that happen before. I can't love another person so it's different for me. Like a bunch of people were kind of upset with me for being able to dismiss a person that I knew for like 10yrs over one argument . It really comes down to how people process things.

0|0
    0|0
  • Honestly it depends by what you mean by move on. Do you get the itch to call him from time to time and does the thought of him with someone else even cross your mind? If you see something that reminds you of him do you relive those emotions? If no you never loved him that deeply.

0|0
    0|0
    • The whole thing just happened yesterday afternoon. I am considering contacting him and presenting a third option for the issue we disagreed about, but I don't know if it's worth it since he's stubborn and I don't want to seem like one of those weak girls who crawls back to guys, because I'm not a desperate person. But at the same time I really think we could have had something great and don't want to give up without a fight, so I don't know what the right choice is. :(

• The whole situation was discussed in the comments with the Anonymous guy if you want to know the details. Maybe that would help you understand the issue.

• Oh I see... I say try one LAST time. He sounds like a forceful guy and I honestly think moving in with him would have been your worst decision. Yet I understand you wanting to fight for it so I would say try and contact him by calling or however you can. Just do what you have to do so that 10-15 years down the line you can look at yourself in the mirror and say "I really tried with him". Don't compromise but still try and debate with him if you have that feeling telling you to try again. Instincts are everything.

• Their heart recovered quickly.

0|0
    0|0
  • Everyone deals with emotions differently... and some people emotionally leave the relationship before they actualy walk out

0|0
    0|0
    • That's true. I didn't think of that side of it. Thank you.

• No problem :-)

Recommended myTakes