If you get over a person fairly quickly, does it mean you really didn't love them?

If you have a really bad fight over an important issue and end things with a significant other, and can move on in not very much time, does it mean you didn't love them that much? Or are some people just better at getting over these kinds of things?

55

Most Helpful Guy

• Care to expand on why you think he/she might be getting over you quicker?

THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE
    • I actually meant me getting over him quicker. I mean, it still stings because it was just yesterday that things ended, and I know it'll be rough for a little while, but I think I'll bounce back. I think I felt it coming so I enjoyed it while it was going on but deep down was prepared so I still had my guard up to an extent, if that makes any sense.

• Yeah, that's a good idea. Good luck.

• Thanks for everything. All the listening, opinions and kind words.

Most Helpful Girl

• I would just assume people have a better way of getting over things in such little time. Maybe it was easier to break up because it was over an important matter and you guys weren't on the same page about it?

THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE
    • That's actually exactly what happened, but I think he was just being too stubborn. I wrote the details up in the conversation with the Anonymous guy if reading that helps you get what went on.

• You're right, and I know exactly what you mean. I don't want to wonder later if we could have found some common ground. I know later down the road I probably would have wondered about it. Thanks.

• Sure thing hun :) you're all good. And good luck