Dumped but still txting me?

Dated for four months, three months in found out he was talking to someone else. I considered it cheating, he didn't. We agreed to work through it, but my trust was burned. He dumped me at 1am after a few hours before, we had both said we wanted to keep trying. Apparently he just couldn't take the stress anymore, and I didn't trust him enough. I was very upset but kept my cool and agreed we needed to and if possible remain friendly. Since then, he has sent me snarky txts, when I ask why he's being so mean he says, "I don't know, I'm sorry". I wanted to be friends, but he's confusing me with this back and forth! He dumped me, not the other way around, why is he being cruel and still txting me? He keeps blaming me for everything, he said he was ready for a long term relationship, but I think once he realized certain things would stop (single life stuff) he shut down and now it's all my fault.

24

Most Helpful Guy

• You just need to use no contact for a while, it will give u time to think and him to think about what he is doing and will make him realize that what he is doing and it's not right, time is the best thing because it makes you think of the wrongs and rights and it's good not to contact him for a while, if it works out it does if it doesn't then u will be able to move on to better

What Guys Said 3

• He's being cruel to convince himself that he had enough reason to do it and is looking for your approval so that he can sleep better at night... Trust me. I'm going through very similar in this exact moment...

I've heard so many bad things about myself that I legit asked myself why the hell she was with me to begin with, but the reason for this is selfish... Just so that they may turn around and say "yep, see how bad he/she was to me, I'm doing a good thing by dumping them"... Cut contact, you don't need this stuff in your head, you're a good person, you were true to the relationship... Their loss... Just tell him to start being respectful or to text someone else who'll take it because you won't... Demand some respect, that's good advice, I'll do the same ;)

• Actually he is an asshole... let him go... You will find someone else... And yes taking to someone is cheating... If you left that your trust has been broken then it is broken...

• Why would u talk with sumone who dumped u like cmon? he's juz keeping as a rebound probably.

What Girls Said 2

• ... Three months in found out he was talking to someone else...
    This doesn't sound to me like a guy who is ready nor raring for a Real relationship, Cat1290. He is speaking to another, Lord only knows what about, and making you Now feel-------I considered it cheating.
    You are so right here, dear, it Is a form of being a cheat sheet, and with it, you can't trust him again. Now he is playing head and heart games with you but don't fall for it. He probably just wants a Friends with benefits fling thing now and No-----He is Not ready for a long term relationship.
    He is sore loser, wants to make you take the fall, this coward and once his 'Single life stuff' would have to come to end, he is leaving you, this cocky rooster, with egg on your face and to take the blame for his Guilt ridden actions.
    Stay clear, move on. I don't trust him nor would even want this schmo as a friend indeed.. no Need.
    Good luck. xx

• Why even be friends with him? He hasn't really shown you the respect you deserved in that relationship if he was chatting with another girl. You letting him speak to you that way out of the relationship is silly. Don't be friends with him. Move on. nothing is your fault.