Bf were on a break then he broke up with me bc we argue a lot. The thing is we have a kid. My ex now says he needs time to think. Should I wait?

We been together for 3 1/2 years. He recently bought and engagement ring that I picked out. However I wanted him to pick the ring so that it would be a surprise. Since then we took the ring but bc I didn't feel that he would propose. Things have gone down hill since Christmas which lead to the break and break up. The break seemed childish and now I regret not embracing the break so that we could fix our issues. We do have a kid together so in a perfect world I would like fix things so we can move on and be a family again. The thing is he is okay with me moving on but he is ready to be together again. I'm to the point where I want to work on myself and move on. My ex has been the perfect bf. he is very giving, understand, and he is a great father. I do realize what I would be losing but at the same time I'm ready to move on if things can't be fixed. I know it's a lot to read but I need advice from someone outside of my friends and family. I just don't want to be a single mother 😪

• Work out our problems and stay
  • Move on and find someone else

22

Most Helpful Guy

• That happened to me and my ex same had a little boy we ended up not getting back together

• If you don't mind me asking... Why didn't you guys get back together? In my situation he doesn't want to break up permanently but yet he doesn't want to talk about it.

• Now my ex wants alone with our son. I know he is just trying to piss me off. But I said yes but I made it very clear no overnight visits until we discuss it and no women around my kid. I never wanted a step parent and I don't want another woman around my kid. This is still fresh for me but I'm trying to be the bigger person I just want my son to be confused or have to suffer bc of something his dad and I are going through. It's a tough dilemma. I wouldn't wish this shit on my worse enemy. Hoping for the best but preparing for the worse. Thanks for the advice 😀

• It's all good and what ever happens it will get better my ex husband his a great dude and my son loves him and that's all I could ever ask in this type of thing

What Guys Said 1

• You sound like a typical girl who can't make her mind up. Oh and you who has the "perfect guy" then rejects him to date assholes and wonders why she can't find the perfect guy.

• How did I reject him?

• You just said you wanna move on and he wants to fix things

• He wants to fix things by not talking about it. He doesn't want to date other people. I'm not ready to date anyways. I've never rejected him it's the other way around.

What Girls Said 2

• It seems very simple to me. You two need to sit down and work out your issues. If they are able to be fixed--because where I'm sitting it sounds like you haven't even TRIED--then stay together.

If you can't fix them, then move on.

• I've been trying since January to make things right. However when you are dealing with a man that is an only child and used to getting his way it's very difficult. I've put almost 4 years into this relationship so of course I don't want to break up. So besides talking what else can I do to express that I'm trying to fix things @rationallioness

• Thank you

• NOOOO!!! move on...

• That's kind of what I'm leaning towards. If it's meant to be then it will be :) thanks