I just broke up with my girlfriend and I keep crying?

I just broke up with my girlfriend of 1 year and 4 months, She did not respect me or put any effort into our relationship like I did, I was the one putting all the effort in, fixing and resolving our problems like and always trying to make things better, but it did not last long until today, when she deleted all our photos together and "liked" very hurtful quotes on facebook, no matter how much I tried to be the best boyfriend she ever had, she kept on hurting my feelings and breaking my heart, I can't even bring up problems regarding our relationship without her getting angry and wanting to leave and break up, so I finally built up the courage and texted her that I am breaking up with her and deleted/blocked her and everything that I once had with her. Everything I built so hard for had just come crashing down shattering in to a million pieces, Whenever I think about her and her appearance, I would keep on crying and crying non stop, I know you may all think of me as a baby, but at least I have a heart. How can I overcome this feeling?

42

Most Helpful Girl

• I'm sorry to hear about your break up. I was in a relationship just like that about a year and one month ago. I had to put all the effort into my relationship as well and my partner but nothing in return. But you have to find a way to forget her. You don't deserve to be in a relationship like that no one does. You will be in pain for quite sometime but it takes time to get over a break up. I know I felt broken when my ex had broke up with me but I managed to get myself back together and heal somehow. Find something that you like to do, like your favorite hobby or something. If you still have her number and or have added anywhere on any social media account block it, all of it. Cut off all contact and do not speak to her. Stay strong, or at least try to. I understand your pain I went through the same thing, yes it hurts but you will heal. Distract yourself if you need to it helps. Act like she doesn't exist, that helps just as much. It took me about 5 months to get over my ex, I threw away everything he gave, blocked him off of all social media and we have no spoken to this day, it helps a lot.

What Girls Said 3

• This is the side of a break up no one thinks about, everyone always thinks the one who left has the upper hand and has moved on. Not true, it can hurt a lot to leave what you know is more bad than good. For having the power to do it at the very least, I respect you.
    The pain subsides, as do the memories, give it time. And give her less and less thought, that will help. Throwout everything that reminds you of her, songs, items, communication etc.

I can promise you it'll get better, and you will find someone else who treats you better.

People here might rip it out of you for doing it by text, but it's understandable. Ignore them.

• I did call her, but she ignored it, so I had no choice but to text her, that's all I could do.

• Yeah, that's why said it was understandable. I once made the same unanswered call (followed by a text) too.

• Sounds like she was avoiding her own issues and when you brought them up, she basically ran. There's no instant fix I'm afraid. Keep busy, see friends/family, and just let time run its course.

• uk.askmen.com/dating/dating_advice/dating3.html

Stay strong, pain heals with time xx

What Guys Said 2

• You have to try to get your mind off of it by doing the things you love (hobbies maybe). Depending on what type of person you are, you should talk about it to someone or be alone and think to yourself what were the problems and how you should avoid them in future relationships. Just to say, in my opinion I think things went down south because you were doing all of the work. When you're in a relationship, it helps build a bond by solving problems together, not trying to do everything on your own. Make sure that you find someone next time that's willing to be at your side and not expect you to do everything. This also could have been prevented earlier on as soon as you found out that she wasn't respecting you.

• I did mention it to her, but she just did not seem to care, no matter how many times I've mentioned it, she would act as if nothing happened, but now I've finally plucked up the courage to break it off with her.

• It sounds like you should have broke it off a long time ago. If you did, you would be experiencing all of this grief right now.

• Sorry to disapoint you more but sounds you was not her type and you're too naive.

I have a solution to make her follow you again but it may work it may not are you intrested?