Why is my mother not realizing that I just don't want to talk to my ex-boyfriend right now?

We just broke up two days ago and he contacted me this morning to tell me about a family issue being resolved, he believes we are friends, but in reality I just don't want anything to do with him for a while. My mom got upset that I basically cut him short and is telling me to get over it. What the freak?

20

What Guys Said 0

What Girls Said 2

• Maybe she doesn't realise you aren't friends with him and thought you were rude. It was pretty rude

• I understand I was rude. He just really hurt me and I got upset that he randomly decided to start talking to me, he never started the conversation with me while we dated and it just upset me.

• You don't have to give her explanation. Just tell her you're not comfortable talking about the situation, and that's it. Your mental health is always first.