It's hard not to compare guys to the guy I liked.. how to accept the new guys that come into my life for who they are and not compare to him?

I keep comparing most guys I meet to him, like if there would make me laugh the same way... Get a joke like getting does... or tell a witty joke like him... Get my mind and emotions charged like he do, I go from 0 to 60 when he's around. I just find it hard to get into some guys like how easy it fell for him, he always taught me new things had a with about him,... he was so masculine to me.. Not an ass hole but a strong man in my eyes in all aspects... I have met some decent looking men, but I always look for that "thang"... that I can't describe it.. I just know I had it with him.. :'(... I don't know,.. I'm trying to move on so he can happier. Cause I'm not happy without him, it's just things are so complicated we can't be in each other lives the way I hoped.. So I'm kind of forced to move on... But I haven't felt that "thang" with the others that makes me even be bothered with a second call after the first date.. I need a way to not compare.. What am I holding on to. And why?
How can I stop? It's been year's now, why isn't it registering he'll never love me or need me the way I wished? Help me

Most Helpful Girl

• I have the same exact problem I am with someone now but I still have feelings for my ex. It sucks and wrong to compare and want to get that same feeling with someone who is now your pass.. But you shouldn't compare I know its hard but having a check list at all times on what your need and wants and appearance check will not make you any happier or find anyone that's compatible for you.

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 0

Be the first guy to share an opinion
and earn 1 more Xper point!

What Girls Said 1

• no guy is the same, i wouldn't want the same things about a different guy, yeah you shouldn't compare because its not good