I have a date tonight, but can't stop thinking about my ex boyfriend... Am I ready?

I have a date tonight with a really nice down to earth guy. I'm nervous as hell, he's the first guy to meet since my ex broke up with me 2 months ago...

However, I can't stop thinking about my ex, I've even shed a few tears thinking about him! I feel sick and I feel like I'm betraying him, especially since he's dealing with shed loads of grief after losing his dad (reason we broke up because he changed and is just emotionless)

How do you people cope meeting someone new? Is this a clear sign I'm just not ready?

32

Most Helpful Girl

• Too damn serious over just a date, so buck up and rethink this whole deal
    1. your BF is simply "on ice" currently and may return to his senses and everything past becomes new/fresh again someday
    2. dating is NOT getting married or even sex/cheating - you are on a break from exclusivity and NEED to expand your social circle, meet HAPPY people, BE happy - have fun is ALL this is
    3. do NOT discuss anything BF with these new people, save to say "broke up with BF" none of their business when/why
    4. tonight's goal is simple = have FUN, nothing else, go home safely @ decent hour, go to bed alone

What Guys Said 2

• You'll never know for sure until you actually go ahead with the date. After the date, if you are still stuck with the same feelings and emotions, then maybe you're not ready to date yet.

• if u don't feel ready meeting this guy then better cancel teh date basically

What Girls Said 2

• It's definitely a clear sign you're not ready to get into a relationship, however this shouldn't stop you from meeting new friends. I think you should go on the date and just have fun! He could be a new friend and then when you're ready, maybe something more, but don't focus on meeting a new boyfriend. Figure out who you are and enjoy the benefits of being single!

• If you think you're not ready then you are really not ready.. Don't force your self to go on a date when you're just going to think about your ex. Its not fair for the guy you're on a date with. If i were you id chill at home watch movies have friends over. Or pamper my self, go shopping cause you deserve better :)