Why does my ex deny me closure?

I keep trying to get closure from my ex. Its been 6 weeks and I want to move on. I told him I have a new bf and I want closure so I can go but he just says he about to get married. He is still refusing to be honest to me. truthfully im still single and i love him. I have told him time and time again but it does nothing.

44

Most Helpful Girl

• I've moved on without closure well and fine. It took me a few months (almost 1 year), but I moved on without a rebound or another relationship. It's possible if you try. Sometimes you just don't get the closure you want

What Guys Said 4

• What exactly is your idea of closure; it sounds to me through your question, that you don't even know.

• for him to tell me why he left me. i have no idea why this happened.

• I have been asking but no response.

• Sounds like you should just move on.

Last chick didn't give me a reason so I did just that, move on.

Of course, it wasn't easy but I have my eyes set on someone new and prettier, haha.

Point is, it gets better.

• I am confused too.. :)

• Closure is just a word. Move on and realize that life is short and happiness is not in another human being. You control your happiness and no one else does.

• Can do what he wants. You don't HAVE to have closure. You WANT it

What Girls Said 3

• You can't force him to want a closure whats done is done.

• You can't force someone to give you closure the least you can do is just move on. My ex broke up with me out of the blew and never gave me closure, I just had to accept it and I moved on quite well even though it took time. Sometimes you don't get the closure that you want.

• sounds like he has moved on... so should you