Did I ruin the breakup?

So I won't get into too much detail my boyfriend tolded me he needed some space to clear his head. I flipped out and the first week I texted him once a day telling him how much I hated him. I know thats the worst thing to do after a breakup. I was just kind of wondering if doing that ruined me ever talking to him again. Would you ever forgive a girl for acting a little crazy the first week after a breakup?

13

Most Helpful Guy

• Yeah... If it was me you had treated that way, you'd never hear from me again. A man should have standards for the people in his life.

• Well I didn't want to get into that much detail but I should mention the fact that I pretty much supported him for two years so calling him a man is a little bit of an understatement. I just feel like he owes me a little more than what he said and I had stuff to get off my chest. I don't want him back he was dead weight I just want to know if he'll ever feel bad.

• Yeah, that's some more bullshit.

If you really felt that poorly about him, you would have broken up with him rather than spend two years of your life dating. Sounds like simple bitterness to me.

And no, he owes you nothing. You are not entitled to anything from anyone.

I'll add another thing: the fact you'd speak like that about him really supports my original comment. That's extremely unbecoming behavior. Even if what you say is true, the fact you'd disrespect him so readily is just really off.

• You're right I didn't respect. I used to treat him like he was the best thing in the world. Too bad alcohol was the most important thing in the world to him. You can't compete with someone's addiction that's where the bitterness comes from. I was young he's 11 years older than still drinking after 3 duis it doesn't make any sense to me or a lot of other people some people just like to self destruct their own lives. He doesn't have respect for himself thats what is sad. He doesn't know how to handle being sober I know thats why he left me. I know you don't really care but I'm not a horrible person I tried to do the right thing it just wasn't enough.

What Guys Said 2

• First of all he said he needed space to think? Did he ever say lets break up? I don't know it would be odd to get that everyday after you where still my gf seeing how I told you I need some space to think. Your still my gf just need to decide if I want to keep it that way or not.

• Depends. Did you just say "I hate you" or did you rant on and on like a crazed psychopath?

If the latter, you're fucked. If the former, you can patch it up.

What Girls Said 1

• He might? Depends on the person sorry. He might have seen you as clingy and a drama queen. But its understandable. Your feelings were hurt and you're sensitive although he might have wanted a better reaction. Give it some time, give him some space. Don't pour a million apologizes on him or explain yourself in a whole 8 page paragraph. Just give it a break for a while and actions speak louder than words so after you gave it some time do something nice and say that you overreacted and the way you did was low class and you're truly sorry.