Do you think i'll ever hear from him?

I dated a guy 13 years older for 6 months. he said he ended thing because his age but i told him it was because he wouldn't get close to anyone, etc. I knew of a heartbreak he had that he talked about once or twice from six years earlier and didn't seem over it. His mother also died. He could come off as a jerk but i knew deep down he is a caring guy. very funny and layed back.. but he's very realistic and rational. In some senses. Drank every weekend, and seemed to avoid getting close. Had a diff way of showing he cares but he does. Wasn't very giving in bed, i think because of him avoiding emotional connections. As soon as i seemed seroius about him, i noticed he pulled away.

I ran into him 4 months ago (3 months after things ended) and he took me home w him. We continued this trend for a few months until he ran into my sister and she said something and he realized i was attached. he told me to delte his number and that he would delte mine. he said he had problems and didn't know why i liked him bc he was an asshole. i cried and stuff and he was like "idk why this is a surprise to you, you knew the way i am back in 2014, if i dated you , all i would do is let you down" also said he's damaaged goods. said he did care about me though. i tried talking to him a few times on text after that and he pretty much told me to move on. i said he's just drinking his life away downtown and avoiding gettting close to anyone and he said "thanks for the life lessons, 21" lol little bastard.

anyway, i know that a lot of times men come back down the road,, and yeah its usually too late. any opinons or thoughts on if i will ever hear from this guy again. i thought it was weird he didn't dlete my number even though he said he would, but that prob doesn't mean anything. he seemed pretty adamant about me moving on. can't tell if its bc he rlly knows he ahs problems or jsut doesn't give a shit. do you think ill hear from him down the road, or is he that

23

Most Helpful Guy

• Tough to say since this guys seems to be all over the map emotionally. I hope if enough time goes by and you haven't heard frotom him you'll ask yourself if you even want to hear from him again. I think you've got a lot more potential than to stay emotionally captive with such an emotionally unstable guy. Doesn't mean he's a bad man, but you're missing out on a much healthier relationship by hanging on to him and hoping for his call.

What Guys Said 2

• Give him time, and I would guess you will hear from him again
    One of my parents passed away last year. Unless it's happened to you, its impossible to understand just how hard it hits you emotionally.

• no i am terribly sorry, u won't

What Girls Said 2

• Kinda similar story with my ex. He was so caring when we were together- over a year, but wouldn't give it the relationship label. I was honest how I felt, he did the whole I care about you but I dont do rleationships. I'll only hurt you etc etc. His mum had also died when quite young and I think he had his heart broken round the smae time too. I was devastated. I still care about him so much, there's a bit of me that thinks he's the only one for me. We've been broken up 2 years. Talk occassionally and I've seen him once. I hung on for so long hoping we might get back together. I suppose a small bit of me still does. But I don;t know if he'll ever give me what I want - I dont know if he's able. Its a horrible place to be. All you can do is focus on yourself and be the best you can be. Wrap yourself up in firends and family. Sorry I can't say more - still trying to figure it out myslef :-/ sending hugs.

• Girl im having a very similar experience and all i can say is care about yourself as much as you care about him... focus on moving on first dun wonder whether he will be back or not. Once you've moved on it won't really matter if u ever heard from him again. This is a terrible place to be emotionally. Save yourself from the heartbreak and move on. It only seems hard now because u still have hope and haven't truly made up ur mind. Once u decided you can move on it takea time but u ll be free from it eventually. Good luck!