Guys, No contact, now what? Can I get him back?

My ex and I broke up a little over a month ago. We dated for 10 months and basically lived together for a good chunk of that time. We broke up because I could sense something was wrong so I brought it up and he said he loved me but wasn't in love with me anymore. We didn't have a bad break up and went through the normal "lets be friends" talk. My birthday was a little while ago and I never got a text or anything from him. It hurt. Today, I looked at my instagram and he stopped following me (I know it seems trivial but for some reason it really bothered me). I did the whole no contact thing for the last month and tonight I texted him just a little "hey, saw (omit team name) has a game this weekend. I know you were really looking to the season finally starting. Hope you're doing well". He hasn't responded. I want to win him back because I really do love him and he was my best friend.

What do I do next? Do I wait a few days then text again? What do I text him next time? Please someone help me. I'm at a loss on how to get my best friend and love back.

15

Most Helpful Guy

• You have to move on. The more you dwell on this, the worse you will feel. It will start impacting your ability to meet someone else. A perfect partner may wander by and you will let them pass because you are fixated on a relationship that will not ever happen. He didn't wish you happy birthday. He hasn't responded to your text. He is done. The more you try, the more pathetic it will look to him, and he won't even want to consider you for a friend in the future.

It will hurt, but the more you try, the worse it will get, and the worse it will hurt.

What Guys Said 4

• I'm sorry for you, but it happens to the best of us. He's simply moved on, and like the other wise men who have already posted, it's time for you to accept it's over between the two of you and let him go so you can also begin moving forward.

You really need to ask yourself if you want to be with someone who told you they aren't in love with you anymore; especially after only 10 months. You deserve to be in a loving relationship where the feelings are mutual, and it doesn't sound like this is it.

That being said, I tried being the "bigger person" and texting well wishes to a girl I had broken up with, and realized all I was doing was making it that much harder for me to let go and move on.

You're going to be fine and don't be hard on yourself. It's all a part of dating and growing.

Good luck,

• go to his house and dump your feelings on him or move on lol im sorry

• Hey.. I've been there.. many of us have... It definitely hurts, and will for a while, but maybe this will be the beginning of something better in the near future.

• I'm sorry to say but it's all over you have to move on

What Girls Said 1

• He stopped all contact because he is trying to move on. You should do the same.