My ex boyfriend tried killing himself, what do I do?

My ex ended it with me at the beginning of the year because he lost all feelings and emotions after his dad died. But we've spoken and seen each other since. He started using drugs and meeting girls to cope.

During our relationship, he tried taking his own life thinking we'd broken up... But after speaking to him the other day, he was straightening his life out, stopped doing drugs and was trying to get better.

His birthday was the other day, and after texting him to wish him happy birthday I heard nothing. Then I had contact from his friend advising me he's topped himself with the intent of actually doing damage... He told his friend he didn't want me to go to the hospital, and he hasn't got many friends/family that will actually go to his aid.

i have too much of a good heart to cut and run, what the hell do I do?

13

Most Helpful Guy

• You are the fuel to his self harm. He has picked you to blame for his lack of growing up. You go by and he will play that game and pull the string to get you back in his life.

What Guys Said 2

• Let the professionals deal with his suicidal tendency. Get word to him that you care for him and you're there to listen to him when he's ready to talk.

• It's a fucked up situation, do you think that he needs you at this moment? Or he doesn't wanna see you because he is angry from you?

• No, he doesn't. I've asked, i'm just taking a step back. I hope he isn't angry as he's the one who ended it, and despite how nasty he's been I've foolishly stood by him.

What Girls Said 1

• You need to report that even if it causes you to split he will realize it in the future you were trying to help.