Weak excuse?

I think I might've seen a similar problem with this but I just wanted to get some feedback. Alright so, I met this guy, we started texting/talking on the phone everyday. We hit it off. We would hang out and just talk for hours at a time. You know when you meet someone and instantly just know that something's there? Yeah, this is what happened. We would talk about it, and I was the type of girl that liked to take things slow and get to know someone, whereas he had said that in the past he would usually rush into relationships (which resulted in him ending it because he'd realize that they weren't for him, or he'd get scared and end it). Anyways, we decided to take it slow. Well, as you know, you can say one thing but do another, and as much as both of us agreed on taking it slow, it was pretty obvious that we cared about each other a lot. He was so affectionate and caring towards me, he'd always hold my hand or kiss my cheek, and make sure that I was okay. Things were great. One day, out of no where, he started acting a little weird. I asked him about it and he dropped the bomb that he had been having some doubts as to whether the romantic chemistry was there. Whaaat? He was SO into it about 24 hours prior. We talked and he said that he had had the doubts, and he was real before (not leading me on), but wasn't sure anymore and that he only saw me as a friend now. This seriously went from so happy and so stoked on each other, to 24 hours later him saying he wasn't feeling it. I was so shocked, this came out of no where. I was also super hurt, and decided that I needed to just not talk to him for a while. The split happened just over a week ago, and he has made contact with me pretty much every single day. I've been good and not initiated any conversations with him, but he always texts me just to talk. I've been thinking about it so much, and I just don't know if I buy the "no chemistry" excuse. There was chemistry, lots of it. He also said that things were moving too fast and he felt like he was being placed into that boyfriend role. I dunno. I understand that if he's not ready to get into a relationship then alright, that sucks, but okay. But to say that there's no chemistry? And then on top of that, to talk to me every single day? I'm hurt and confused, I know I should probably get over this guy, but I just don't get it? Any suggestions?
+1 y
forgot to mention that he was pretty jealous of my ex bf. He found a text from my ex (it was my bday so the ex was wishing me a happy bday) and looked through all my texts. Not cool, but he was drunk and apologized. The next day he started acting weird
Weak excuse?
1
1