Is silence the best message?

If you broke up with someone and they completely ignored you. Never spoke, never looked in your direction, acted as if you didn't exist. Not in a obvious I'm ignoring you way bUT you really don't exist. Does that get your attention? Is that the best message?

45

Most Helpful Guy

• Yes it sure is big time

What Guys Said 4

• yes silence means "i don't wanna know about u"

• It's probably the best way for both of you.

• Yeah pretty much.

• Out of sight, out of mind. It's the smartest thing to do.

What Girls Said 4

• With all of that in mind, a Buttercupbrownie, it is telling me, should be telling you as well, that you are now on someone's pay no mind list with no hymning nor hawing.
    Even though the Silence doesn't seem golden it is the Golden egg on their end that is now the case with the goose and the gander.
    It's the 'Best message' for No contact and a sure sign what they have in mind, and of course would 'Get your attention' and make one realize.. maybe it is time to move on now.
    Good luck. xx

• It's just strange they give me the silent treatment for a few days. Text when and when I reply don't answer. And the cycle continues.

• Yes, full circle pattern of... the cycle continues. xx

• Well if I broke up with someone I wouldn't care... in fact I likely won't really put much thought into it. It's just like "Oh there is x" and then I get along with my life. But silence is in general the best thing to do if you are the person that got dumped. For your own sake and not for the other's. It makes it easier to move on and not be reminded of what this person did to you.

• Yup!!! That's the best way to move on and get over someone. And, it completely messes with the other person - the whole "you don't know what you had until it's gone"

• I don't care. If we break up... welcome to the past.