Guys, why is he still angry/ bitter?

Hi guys! I've been asking myself this ever since yesterday! Why would a guy (the dumper) be still angry/bitter towards his ex (the dumpee) after he broke up with her 8 months ago? She didn't cheat on him or anything! We were on a on/off relationship for 5 years and 8 months ago he left me via voicemail without explaining himself. I basically moved on but i want a complete closure so i asked him what went wrongand he gave me an angry/bitter answer and i just don't get why? He had a "serious relationship" 1 month post-breakup with a girl who's 8 years younger than him (26-18) , then he left her 4-5months after but still in contact with her and he's already in a new relationship. I forgave him and myself for everything that happened between us and i just want to learn and grow, no bitterness or awkwardness u know!!! So can somebody explain me his behaviour PLZ?

What does it mean? 2 days after he gave me the angry/bitter answers, the guy send me an email explaining that he has no hard feeling towards me and that even if he don't want to talk to me and that he put our history behind him, i was the best love story that he ever had... I read the first email that i send him and i realized that i didn't ask my question clearly. Like i didn't say: what went wrong or why did you left me? So i rEsponded to him and asked clearly my question.
Do you think the guy simply just moved on?

4

Most Helpful Guy

• He's a confused, insecure and immature boy who doesn't know himself well enough to understand what he wants in a romantic partner.

His anger and bitterness had nothing to do with you, but everything to do with his inability to stop hating himself long enough to take a break from dating so he can learn more about himself and why he's such a confused asshole.

You waited long enough to ask him a legitimate question, and he wasn't willing to be mature enough to discuss things with you in the manner you presented your question. He's also a serial dater, which tells me he has no idea what commitment is and is simply afraid to be alone. Again, you have to like yourself before you can actually like someone else beyond just initial physical attraction and sex.

Maybe he'll learn, but it's good you've moved on.

• Wow it really helped me !! im actually saving it to my phone to remember it lol! Thank you A LOT! Such wisdom and honesty , i love it :) !

• You're very welcome. And don't take this the creepy way, but you are always welcome to pm me if you have anything on your mind or need a refresher in staying away from jerks. :-)

I'm really glad I could help you feel better.

• Yess i will keep that in mind ! Thx!

What Guys Said 3

• You know why ex's are angry/bitter for days/weeks/months/years after the break up? Because they still have residual feelings for you or because they're jealous you've moved on and having a better life than them, or BOTH.

The girl he got with after the break up was most probably a rebound relationship, hence that he got into it relatively quickly after the break up and it ended quite quickly after. He ended it because he realised it wasn't the same as with you.

Just move on from him, he's a waste of time and effort... you've got to prioritise yourself now and let him slip into a nightmare.

• Thank you for your answer !! It helped me :) i appreciate the honety

• What does it mean? 2 days after he gave me the angry/bitter answers, the guy send me an email explaining that he has no hard feeling towards me and that even if he don't want to talk to me and that he put our history behind him, i was the best love story that he ever had... I read the first email that i send him and i realized that i didn't ask my question clearly. Like i didn't say: what went wrong or why did you left me? So i rEsponded to him and asked clearly my question. Do you think the guy simply just moved on?

• You wasted 5 years and 8 months of his life. Now he needs to get back in the game and search for women again... Obviously wasting that much time on a girl that's not compatible with you is a huge life mistake.

• Wasted? I don't see it that way , i mean we both make mistakes over the years , and i could say the same like he made me "waste" precious years of my life, but its not true , i mean i learned sooo many things about me& relationships in general, i cannot say that i wasted my time with him. I just find it hatd to believe that he's the one who's mad even tough he's the one who broke up with me ! I didn't do anything before he left me. He just did out of the blue. I guess he was pretty stressed out because he got back to school.

• So what you are saying is that he's still angry and bitter because he feels like he wasted his time with me? And even if 8 months had passed and he had 2 girlfriend he is still not able to tell me what went wrong?

• Sure... Whatever happened it was really a deal breaker. For it to come 5 years and 8 months into a relationship just compounds the problem exponentially.

• He's just having a hard time.