I wrote a song for him. Should I post it?

My boyfriend of 2 years broke up with me out of the blue about 3 weeks ago. It seemed like he didn't really have a good reason, and it seemed like just a "in the heat of the moment" decision.

I've been having a really hard time without him here. I wrote a song for him that just says that I miss him and wish I could see him one more time.

His phone is broken and there's no way for me to get hold of him. Should I post the song on youtube or something, in hopes of him seeing it?

Am I just being a crazy ex? Is this sweet? Creepy? Please just tell me the truth. Obviously I'm not really in my right mind right now, so if I'm being creepy or crazy please tell me so I don't do something stupid.

I just miss him and want him back.

39

Most Helpful Guy

• Oh, I'm really sorry to hear that :(
    If I were you I wouldn't post the song, you don't know the reason why he left, what if it's because you were too clingy? The song won't do any good. It's a super sweet gesture, but since you don't know the problem, you don't know what solution you need, and the one you choose may make the problem even worse.
    Just try to talk to him, if his phone is broken, you can write him a letter, but don't get too emotional or desperate, just ask him why he broke it up, and that you miss him, tell him that whatever the problem was, you can try and fix it.

• I just don't want to be creepy by sending him a letter. He told a mutual friend that he thinks we should talk, but he wants to wait. So I guess all I should do is wait? It's killing me. A long time friend of mine has recently confessed his feelings for me since I'm now single, and while I also have feelings, I just cannot move on. It doesn't feel right.

• Yeah that's true. But in my mind the situation Plays out a lot differently. He would hear it and realize that he missed me too. Haha. I realize that's unrealistic though.

• It's great that you're being positive, and it may happen like that, but it may also backfire, it's a 50/50 chance, and like I said before, since you don't know the reason, you don't know if this is the right solution.

What Guys Said 8

• I wouldn't go public with it. You could leave it at his place, or send it by snail mail, or have a mutual friend deliver it to him.

Embarrassing him, AND yourself, is a possible outcome here, so I would keep it private.

• I have a habit of writing songs as well, but I would never really sang it to her and even let her know about it. It's kinda weird.

• You can try... and you're certainly not creepy. A two year relationship means there's been a really strong bond and so the fact he still means a lot for you and you want to fight for him, is not wrong or surprising at all!

• Oh no, it is not not at all creepy. But it is certainly not the wise thing to do if you really wanna get him back. Go get him, wherever he is, go to him and then show him your song rather than uploading it on youtube. If it isn't possible for you to meet him, then email him the song or something because youtube is a matter of chance, he may not see it. And remember whatever will happen, happen for the good. So, you would have to accept it and move on. Good luck.

• But I feel like searching him down to see him would be creepier!

• I know. I just feel like I'd be creepy to get a hold of him. If he loved me wouldn't he have found a way to contact Me?

• Yeah, i understand all that. But if you go and try once more, then later in life, you would know that at least you tried. Even if he refuses you, you would have no regret.

• no nothing wrong with that every song ever written was written for or about someone. go ahead and post it

• His phone is broken, so he does not get a new one? I think it is better to tell him in person.

• don't post it. it reeks of desperation.

• sale it better

What Girls Said 3

• I'm so sorry for your pain, Prettykangeroos, and I am sure you are going through a lot right now. It seems unfair that you don't understand what happened with him, but my own theory is he probably wanted to be this free bird right now.
    I am betting he is probably Missing the Kissing like you as I am writing this. The Long history you both shared, how can he Not think back, and is probably taking this moment in his life, taking his time, doing some serious soul searching.
    The song idea sounds beautiful and go ahead and try posting it. If by chance you could even go to his house and sit him down and try Later having a long talk with him again, where maybe the total truth would come out, you both could end up to be at least friends to begin anew beguine.
    Just because two people Break up doesn't mean they can't and don't Make up and that it's good-bye, forever my love. You have your own motive in mind, romantic as it is and later on, as time passes, I am betting, he will have one in his own mind, about contacting with a song in his own heart... with or without hearing yours.
    Good luck and my blessings. xx

• You think maybe he's missing me too? Do you think he'd appreciate me reaching out to him?

• I think with the History you both have shared in these 2 years, Yes, of course, h emisses you. I also Think that he needs some space to himself and also May have been Missing some time for himself, this is why he broke it off... give him time, he may contact you. If you want to post it, he might see it, not sure. However, if you do not hear from him, not sure later what will happen to another cell phone, will he get a new one with a new number, maybe go to his house and say "Hi."xx

• It is borderline creepy. He is history. If you still want to talk to him though, meet him, since you can't talk to him over phone (also, it is always better to talk in person).
    it might also embarrass him. You will be embarrassed too, when he questions you.

but of you really want to upload the song, do it! Just don't mention his name

• Yeah I know... ugh. I feel so pathetic!

• Ask that mutual friend to ask him how much longer her needs to wait...
      meet him in person of the 'wait period' is over. Meeting in person is always better when it comes to things like these

meet him in person if the 'wait period' is over. Meeting in person is always better when it comes to things like these

• Don't hesitate to post your music. And if he does see it, and your love does restart, then cool! Just look at Taylor Swift lol. But no, you are not a crazy ex just for writing a harmless song that you poured your feelings into. You may inspire others as well.