Should I call my ex girlfriend back?

My ex broke up with me 3 weeks ago. We were together for 1 1/2 years. She said she wanted to go have fun before she settles down. I know thats means be with other guys. During the first week of our break up she was texting me asking for her shit back. I gave it back to her by putting it on her front porch (didn't really want to see her), I could tell she wanted to see me. She then phoned me later that night saying she just wanted to give me my stuff back but in reality she just wanted to talk. She thought we were in good terms on the phone for some reason, but thats just me being civil. So after the first week went by she started calling me once or twice a day. I didn't answer. She got really upset through texts too. Sent her a simple message saying I can't stay in contact, its simply to hard right now, I can't move on if I'm thinking of you constantly by sending txts. (I still think of her anyway). She called me a few times after this, which I also didn't answer... respect my choice please. Then she posted on social media, one of the websites is still follow her on, I'm done, that was ur last chance! She hasn't contacted me since, although there have been a few unknown callers phoning me which doesn't regularly happen. (trying to connect the dots). My buddies have recently told me to pick up the next time she calls and here what she has to say, but let her do all the talking, and make it short and sweet. I'm starting to think she won't call me again though, just because she's reached out so many times, and I haven't answered. My buddies have recommended unblocking her on social media to maybe get a response, but I'm not sure. I can see her friends telling her not to call again, and thats she's reached out enough. I feel like if I call she'll have noting to say, as she's not the
one phoning. (she broke up with me) I really would like it if she called me, and did the talking, but I'm afraid she's done reaching out?

She has my spotify account and almost every time she goes on starts playing love songs. Sometimes songs about loving me and how she's moving on. And others about loving and not being able to let go. I haven't been playing anything when I'm on it, directly towards her, but should I play anything specific? Like if I want her to call me? Or leave it? I don't know ahhhhh!!!

14

Most Helpful Girl

• If she was trying to contact you that many times, chances are she is regretting her decision. If you really do care about her and want to be with her again, I think you should reach out and try to meet up (somewhere public) to have a talk. Be honest about how you feel and let her know you found it unfair for her to break up with you and then keep in contact like she did. Let her say what she needs to say as well. Maybe try to understand her reason for breaking up with you. If she wants to be with you still and vice versa, then you can move forward slowly. You will need to take time to build the relationship back up after a break like this. Don't just jump right back into it. Let her know that if she wants to work it out, it will take time and effort. Honesty goes a long way in situations like this.

What Girls Said 0

The only opinion from girls was selected the Most Helpful Opinion, but you can still contribute by sharing an opinion!

What Guys Said 4

• The best answer to your question is can you handle beginning to talk with her at this point with out still feeling the loss? If you can't then it's pretty clear that time has not yet healed you of the loss. Do you think that opening up communication with her will fill the void? If so then that's what you should do. But it you fear it will make you feel worse , then maybe now just isn't the time to go there.

• You should be done too. Seriously. Don't worry about her and go about your business. Sure got what she wanted, now suddenly she's changing her mind? Why? bc she feels bad or bc she mad a mistake. Either way, her mistake, not your issue. Don't let that drama consume your life and thank her for Freeing you

• It seems she is wanting contact with you so that SHE can be let down easy. I doubt she will want to get back with you because it has almost been a month and the worst of the emotional part is over for her. I say keep doing what you are doing. You don't want her back as she will do the same thing again. She broke up with you once and the next time will be easier for her.

• depends if you dumped her or she dumped you, if she did dont she hates u k