Guys, what do you feel if your ex deletes you from Facebook?

There's no cheating involved. I was the most comfortable person he ever feels with (or so he said), but only broke up because we are going to spend years apart (almost indefinitely no closure from LDR), we both are financially unable to afford even one flight a year, yet the residual feelings lingers between us.

We tried to be friends but it always ends up more than that.

He initiated NC about a month ago, and I was very devastated at that time, so I deleted him for purposes of moving on.

Do you think this made him feel like it is the end of everything (friendship and romance)?

14

Most Helpful Guy

• It's a sign that she is still attached to me but wants to move on. No problem with that, it happened to me a few times and I didn't get offended. It must be hard to see you ex on FB you still have feelings for. Not everyone can stay friends after breakup.

• I'd try, but at this moment it's just too hard. Every time we chat we always end up having feelings for each other, so I guess we have no choice but to pull this trigger :(

• I don't want to rub it in but imagine the situation when he will be in a new relationship and you see pictures of them being happy together, while you are still checking his profile on a daily basis. It's best just deleting him and never looking back (but tell him your reasons first, don't just block him like that).

• I already explained myself to him, but guess he still needs some time to digest it.

And still being ignored :/

What Guys Said 13

• I wouldn't care to be fair they are the past and for facebook I don't use it because of all the drama I have been getting from other exs and people from school.

• I wouldn't know cause i rarely go on fb and wouldn't give a rats ass if i was deleted

• im really dont care about deleting.. she is my past and im facing future

• My ex girlfriend did that to me after we broke up last month, to be honest it kinda stings since I thought we were remain close friends after so many years together. I suppose it depends on the guy, for me I tried contacting her several times to see if we could still remain friends only to get no reply, so I would say if you want to keep a friend just reply casually, you will move on once you find someone else

• Ah I don't know, I just straight up told him I don't mean to ruin our friendship, rather just the right thing to do now. Also told him I'd be busy with studies.

But eventually, he ignored me :/ Oh well.

• It wouldn't bother me... people move on in relationships in different ways.

• Nothing, I wouldn't care and I would expect it anyway and I probably would've already deleted her.

• The strange thing is he still follows my other social media (like Instagram and Snapchat) and read/like some of my stuffs? But also he refuses to respond to my texts :(

• Sigh, an the strange thing is, he's also the same person who wanted to remain friends :/

• That's unfortunate:(

• Yes, you are allowing him to move on you made a good decision

• Really? I kinda wish we would be able to reconnect someday though :( It's just in our case, our stars REALLY do not align.

• Look in my humble opinion if it really mattered to both of you you would have found some way to keep the relationship. You could reconnect if you are in the same area sure, but keeping a LDR civil and with good communication is not worth it.

• I don't Facebook but if I did I imagine I would feel relief. Then I would block her loopy ass and have her bff post selfies of her and I on her FB. Lol

• I've had that happen before. It's obvious some people just do that because they want to move on and get rid of memories.

• Does it hurt and if it does, would you take the bullet from the girl?

Sigh, now I'm feeling a little guilty for deleting him :(

• If you feel like he isn't putting any effort to make things work then maybe moving on is a good choice.

• As far as I know him, he's actually pretty sweet when he's around. The way he talks is like, "I'm sorry I couldn't provide" - but I wasn't even demanding anything? But what I do know is he's afraid of commitment (he did break up with his ex because he wasn't ready to get married), and long distance, sadly, is a hell of commitment.

• I would feel sad, but move on.

• Relieved I am free free at last

• Yes. I'd say it would.

I've been in a long distance relationship myself for nearly eight months. Things seemed good when we last spoke on Friday , only she stopped responding to me in the middle of a text conversation. On Saturday I left her a message when I saw her online again, asking how she was doing. She neither read it nor responded. On Sunday she blocked me.

I'm crushed right now. There's no other way to describe it.

• Man, I feel you! He did the same thing to me too. Are things still the same on your end?

• Tried, but it looks like you only permit messages from people you've followed. :)

• Opps, just changed it :)

• exctatic happiness... .