What are your views on child support and single mothers who dont work?

I was watching a talk show and there was a couple on that was in the middle of a divorce. The husband was paying child support of what the court ordered. The wife kept screaming she needed more money. The wife did not work and it seemed she had no desire to work. The kids are school age. I dont understand why she couldnt go out and get a job? The guest lawyer said the husband should pay all her bills. What are your views?

56

Most Helpful Guy

• I think the bitch needs to get a fuckin' job. Women like her make me not want to get married. I'd rather go sexless and be single all my life, than to have sex and be continuously screwed by a bitch until I die (unless she dies first).

What Guys Said 5

• Look I am a non-custodial parent and I pay my child support consistently as ordered by the court, I was behind but I got caught up, and my ex-doesn't work (on disability), and so far as I know she is of the opinion that I am "making the bank" which is not the case, yes I make more than she does, but I promise you I work for every penny, I'm also fairly confident that she would like more "because I can afford it" my biggest problem is, while I'm not disputing her health issues, these were largely brought on by her own actions, she is morbidly obese and I'm not saying that to be mean spirited it is simply a fact, nobody is forcing her to eat or to not exercise, now I understand that somethings are beyond your ability to control, but there are many things that are and it is up to you to make changes if you feel they are warranted. Now I'm not saying she is a bad mother and even if I feel that way I would never tell my son that. My whole point is she would be less focused on how much I make if she were not dependent upon her disability payments and what I pay in child support. So yes I have a bit of an axe to grind with her, but I largely keep this to myself.

• How long do you think you will have to pay child support?

• Until my son is 18, and perhaps longer if he goes to college.

• The child support you pay is for your son.
      Alimony is for your ex. Quiite different.

• That's what a guy can expect if he plays the patriarchy game and marries a girl who wants to be a stay-at-home mom.
    That guy had it coming.
    "The wife kept screaming she needed more money." That's probably true.
    Here's why: money.cnn.com/2014/08/18/pf/child-cost/index.html
    A double income is needed to raise children.
    Single-parent Families in Poverty: www3.uakron.edu/.../singleparfam.htm

• Many divorced guys don't want to see the difference between child support and alimony.
      Many forget the child support is paid for their children, not for their mother.

• Actually me and my ex husband are good friends

• Which is probably why you aren't an angry bitter woman.

• I think she is an example of the proverbial blood sucking woman that sucks her man of all of his money. I would think that a woman like that does not care to take care of her kids properly, because if she did, then she would want to work. I also think that she is not ready to have the responsibility of having kids since she is obviously lazy and I think men should hold on to their wallets.

• Single mothers make me sick, 90% of the time they are a waste of skin who does nothing but destroy the lives of every one close to them.

• Deadbeat mother, the father should have custody.

• Well maybe so... but at least she should get off her but and get a job.

• Probably so. I guess this kinda gets to me because I was a working single mom. My kids are grown now and I hope I have set an example to them.

• That just means that you and this cunt are opposites. I salute you my mother raised me single, i know how hard it is. But it doesn't change the fact that this bitch is unfit to be a mother if she has no motivation to work.

What Girls Said 5

• That's bullshit. It was a mutual decision to have kids. Therefore he shouldn't have to pay for everything, including his lazy ex wife. She should be out there working to help raise and support those kids. I can understand (kind of) if the kids were infants because I know what it feels like being a new mom and panicking about leaving the kids unattended. But these kids are in school. Therefore she has no excuse as to why she can't get off her ass and do something rather than depend on her ex husband to do everything for her and the kids financially!

• when i first went to court against my kids father i wasn't working because him and his family were trying to kidnap my daughter. i kept her inside for a few months because they had people following me either trying to get me jumped or trying to take my daughter from me. he didn't, and still doesn't pay child support. i think if i would have been working and not with my daughter 24/7 she would be in a very dangerous place without me.
    i believe i did the right thing but for a mother to suck money out of someone is wrong.

• Was the guest lawyer a woman? It wouldn't surprise me.
    My boyfriends ex sits around her parents house doing nothing all day while collecting $1900 a month from him. She applied for the kids to receive free lunch at school. She will also be receiving a $38,000 check from him soon for the property settlement. Why should she work? She has it made. She has no pride in being independent and has no problems with living fully off of her children's support payments. She's a pathetic leech.

• Child support is for the CHILD. Not for the lazy ass mother that doesn't want to work and thinks that someone should just lay her way through life. How does she even still have the kids of she isn't working. They should be with the dad since he seems of be the stable parent of the two.

• It all depends. If she can work she should. If she has to raise children and didn't work before she shouldn't

• Her kids are in school... there is no reason she shouldn't get a job. I did