How do I teach myself to treat my co-worker as just a friend, so that my heart is not continuously broken?

I have a crush on my co-worker. We flirt with each all the time, but I have noticed that I tend to get upset when I see him flirting with other women at our job. Tonight I decided that I would try not to take in personal when I am saw him flirt with our new manager. So when she left, he decided to come back and flirt with me all over again. However I told him no and in return he became upset with me and stop speaking to me. I felt like leftovers and it just wasn't the best feeling. I didn't tell him that, but we did up end talking later on before I left. He basically said he "forgives me," for my back and forth personality. I just want to learn how not to take anyting he does personal and in return continue to enjoy my day at work. Also was I wrong to say no to him, based on how I was feeling at that time? Please help me to understand how to put him in the friends category, so my heart is not hurt anymore.

Most Helpful Girl

What Guys Said 1

• View coworkers as parts in a machine rather than people. Maintain and treat each part with love and care.

What Girls Said 0

The only opinion from girls was selected the Most Helpful Opinion, but you can still contribute by sharing an opinion!