Being dumped for someone else?

If you have been dumped for someone else, how exactly did it impact you psychologically? How much time did you take to geto over it?

31

Most Helpful Girl

• yeah i got dumped by my last bf who was also my bestfriend for his ex, it hurt even worse because we were best friends before.. it impacted me pretty badly took me weeks to get over.. especially since i see him around, but he doesn't seem sad so its worse..

What Guys Said 1

• Absolutely horrific. Probably 10 years or so to get over it, but those things I never really get over.

• Did you get low self esteem due to it? :/

• I have had a couple of really good relationships too, and they never cheated, so I know it is possible. I have have had many other relationships as well, just no one compatible for marriage. It's very difficult to find someone like that. And at my age, they are already married, for the second or third time! Have complicated families, are becoming grandmothers, etc. The odds just go down.

• I can't help with whom I fall in love. I am a love at first sight kind of guy. It's either 100% go or not at all. And for those that doubt that, I am just as in love 2 years later, for example, as the moment I met her.

What Girls Said 2

• I recently got dumped for someone else, its been six weeks and it hurts like hell, he never technically cheated on me but he was talking to her for at least the last two weeks of our relationship, it will definitely impact how much i trust any other guy, it really sucks

• It killed something inside of me. It hurt me as a women. I'm still not over it. But I still talk to him. I think it cuz I can't get over that he pick someone else. It's not that I miss him or want to be with him. It's that he broke my women pride