Will distancing myself make him miss me more or miss me less?

He broke up our relationship of 3 years because, as he said, he doesn't feel the same desire as he used to. It wasn't a bad breakup, just really sad. He wants to stay friends and I told him that I will try but that I could never look at him as just a friend. So I tried and it didn't work, I can't get over him like that. Now I am doing what is good for me, and that's distancing myself to try to move on. That means no texting, no checking up on him, and being as busy as possible. I don't want to totally disappear from his life though, I just need some time. But truth be told, I do wish if he started missing me, even though I am not doing this because of him. So, what do u guys think?

13

Most Helpful Guy

• You said it yourself, you "could never look at him as just a friend".

Why torture yourself? ... Just let him know that you want him as someone to kiss and be with him romantically. If he doesn't want that, then walk away and never look back.

He'll eventually contact you, because he'll miss you an your presence.

The human mind works like that.

What Guys Said 2

• I think you need to find a man. I think its pathetic to linger around an ex boyfriend. Is too many single guys out there, to be thinking about and missing one that doesn't want to be with you anymore.

• Absence makes the heart grow fonder they say

What Girls Said 1

• I think what you're feeling is natural and to be expected. I do think that distancing is a good idea for now... until you get over him and you two get to an amicable place where you can try and be like what you once were.