Should I forgive her for cheating?

I was dating this girl a few months ago. One day I came home early from work and found her maing up with another guy. She said I was not spending enough time with her because I was working so long (to provide for her.) she called me today and said that she is sorry for what happene, and that she should have known I was working to provide for her. The guy she was with did not care for her enough and cheated on her. She said she felt the same way I did and she feels guilty for it. She wants another chance should I hive her one.

• Forgive her and go back with her.
  • Forgive her but don't go back to her.
  • Don't forgive her.
    Vote C
  • See results.
    Vote D
I have decided to forgive her, but i have also decided to not rekindle our relationship. I told her i hope she can find happyness with someone she loves enough to not cheat on. I told her she must not have loved me enough to not cheat on me. And i told her now i can't love her like i though i did. However i still care about her and hope she finds happyness in her future.
She told me she understands and hopes the same for me. Thank you all for helping me with this decision.

2320

Most Helpful Guy

• No no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no o no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no

What Girls Said 23

• https://s30.postimg.org/vpuw66o8x/women_cheat.jpg
    Picture speaks a thousand words.. she feels guilty cause she got caught. &To think that she couldn't even come up with a more convincing excuse... -_-

• Yeah her saying that is what hurt the most.

• FUCK HER! you were providing for her but she got 'needy'? what EVER. she should have talked to you about the situation and took the time to make the time you were THERE count. she did it once, she WILL do it again. he left her shallow ass for new ass, now she wants to back track to the dude who worked his ass off to provide for her ungrateful self. forget THAT. bank that money for the future!! move ON!!

• As i've said to others you've only been together for a few months wether you knew each other long before that or not, still didn't know enough about each other, id definitely not forgive her... she's clearly had doubts from the start or just didn't take you seirously at all, if she had any respect for you or herself she wouldn't of cheated, honestly don't take anyone seriously until they can prove they can stay loyal and respectful to you for 1 year, i never consider anything serious until after 1 year (of cours i've never been with anyone seriously but that's because no guy so far i've ever been able to take seriously because right from the start they never took me seriously). She's clearly still hung up on that guy so id save yourself the hurt and just tell her your not seeing her when she's still hung up on someone else, it's just not fair... you were probably just her re-bound.

• 1) She didn't make up for it earlier cause she had that other guy
    2) Now he's out of the picture so she's trying to get you back because she's alone

She cheated on you and now you're her back-up plan.
    I'd say, don't do it, but the choice is only yours...

• I wouldn't go back to her, there would be a lack of trust.

• Hell no. Don't you dare go back to her. She only said sorry because the guy did the same to her. Which unfortunately people don't understand bad behavior until it happens to them. I you should have said, "I'm glad you called to apology but the trust is gone. Enjoy your life, and bye Felicia."

• There's no point in holding on to anger, so you should forgive her (if you're ready). But I wouldn't go back to her, if I were you.

• Forgive her but, don't go back. It's a mistake. That's the lamest excuse I've ever heard.

• Okay i will do that thank you.

• It's okay to forgive, but from what you said in your post I am getting the impression that she just might do it again. It sounds like she is trying to get with you because she got played from the guy who she cheated on you with. No, if I were you, I would find someone else.

• Yeah i think your right.

• I'll be honest my fiance just moved in together and he works 6 days straight and only has one day off. I don't feel pleased, yes I have talked to other guys about having it or cuddling because the only cuddle we do or s*x is rare for s*x and cuddle is every night but then he has to go to bed to get up early for work... Although that I have talked to other guys I'm loyal enough to not do that and tell the others straight up. What I'm getting at you should forgive her but not go back to her because if she was loyal and trust worthy she shouldn't have done that. I'm sorry to hear that though and I hope you make the right choice.

• Forgive her. Simply holding a grudge just isn't worth it with people of such nature. Although, if I were to be in your position, I would never even think of rekindling the previous relationship, simply due to self respect. Yes, I think forgiving would be a wise choice, but please remember to always respect yourself.

• In my opinion, no. If someone will do something once they'll do it again. You deserve better and if she couldn't appreciate you before than she doesn't deserve another chance just because she's lonely.

• Forgive her and forget her

• Don't forgive her, she should be making her own money by the way.

• Yeah i believe women should try to get careers like men. But she said she was putting that off. I guess she just wanted to leach off me.

• Forgive her but dump her

• Don't go back to her.

• Everything @Prettystardust said.

• ummm NO, why would you even consider it?

• everybody lies.
    no exceptions.
    don't forgive her.

• Give her one more chance... you would want a second chance of you chated... if she does it again that's your choice!

*everyone deserves a second chnace* :)

• I feel like you've been a "cheater" before. Also yes some people deserve a second chance but lets not be dumb about this.

• I've never been a cheater... I've never been in a relationship actually.

• Yes, Sometimes people do deserve second chances. However, giving her a second chance wouldn't be a very wise choice in the given scenario.

• Yeah go back to her!

• I read your updated question and I honestly think you are doing the right thing. Yes you can forgive her, but don't try to rekindle anything with her, just stick to what your doing.

• DO NOT PLEASE. She broke your trust, then BLAMED YOU for it (when she's the skany hoe), and to top it all off, when the guy she cheated with cheated on her (karma is a bitch) she gets all upset (even though she's a cheat) and comes running back to you. No no no no no. Oh gosh please no. You can do sooooo much better than her I promise.

• Yeah her blameing me hurt more then the fact that she cheated. It made me feel like i was not good enough for her and i was the one to blame.

• Both of those things are not true. She's the one who isn't good enough for you. Find a nice gal, dear <3

What Guys Said 19

• When it comes to cheating I am very unforgivable in that aspect to where I don't give a 2nd chance. If a girls cheats on me, then she's out the door. So I may be biased, but if I were you I wouldn't take her back. Her excuse for cheating on you, is stupid, because she could have easily confronted you about spending more time with her. Her being unable to communicate her problems to you, doesn't give her the right to let some other guy go balls deep in her.

At the end of the day its your life and you do what you feel is right, but if I were in your shoes I would never take her untrustworthy ass back.

• Okay i see what your saying.

• Dude it's my experience they will tell you how sorry they are and they made a huge mistake , but in the end they wi do this again , next time maybe she will go somewhere else so you won't walk in and find it happening. In all honesty what you choose to do is up to you , but I would be done with her

• If you truly care about her, then you wouldn't take her back. A part of her is obviously not happy about your relationship for her to cheat in the first place. You're probably also not the right guy for her and both of you are not meant for one another. Instead of wasting more time trying to fix the relationship, I'll just let her go and let her find her happiness without me.

• Yeah i think your right. She must not have been happy with me so what's the point. We will both be happy with someone else.

• Forgiveness is good for you not for her. So I would say forgive her but don't go back to her and don't even have any contact with her.

• You can do better, man. I hate when women pull that, "you never spend time with me card." We work to make sure you (and us as a couple) can stay afloat and ensure that we are taken care of.

This girl obviously does not care that you provided for her and cheated on you because she wanted quick sex. That's wrong.

Pardon my French and sorry if I come off as an asshole, but forget the bitch and don't be a pussy.

Work hard, play the field and you will find a better woman than her.

• For god's sake, never forgive a cheater. Especially one who blames YOU for HER cheating. That is getting so fucking old. Don't be one of those guys.

Have some willpower and don't listen to your dick. Your dignity depends on it.

• Oh, okay, I see now that others are saying "forgive but don't go back". When I said "never forgive the cheater" I guess I was saying don't go back to her.

What matters is that you let go of all feelings for her, including negative ones like hate or resentment which only serve to hurt you. Forgiveness is one road to achieving that, so if you gotta do that, then do it. Personally though, I don't think an act of forgiveness really needs to occur at all. Only if you think they deserve it should you choose to make THEM feel better.

In any case focus on yourself first and DON'T go back to the relationship.

• Yeah i think i will forgive her. But i can't have a relationship with her.

• Didn't even read the story if she has cheated get rid of her now.

• Forgive her, but don't get back with her.

If you stick with her, she will undoubtedly cheat on you again... but if you forgive her and move on, you're mind will be at ease.

• if that happened only once... then yeah... u could forgive her.

• You definitely should not give her another chance. People like that don't change. She cheated on you once and she'll do it again if you give her a chance

• Zero second chances. She made the choice to cheat. She's sorry NOW but I guarantee you she didn't give a fuck when the deed was happening. Go no contact. Do not give her the satisfaction of continuing to be in contact with her.

• Yeah i think your right.

• Fuck that bitch

• Like this wise anon opinon giver said in a comment go back with her get a bj and then leave her

• Hell no. Just no. No more chances. End it.

• I wouldn't if it happened to me.

• females can't be trusted. She'll do it again.

• never... it can be repeated

• Show her the door lad, bad habits are hard to get rid of

• I will forgive her but i will not go back with her.

• Should or shouldn't you only can decide but based on what she said its excuse and she wil do this again if you want straight way cut your contact with her if you like pro stay with her

My advise leave this girl asap. Forgive or no up to u