Have you ever regretted breaking up?

Not just because you were feeling lonely or bored or guilty, I mean truly regretted because you realized you were being stupid and immature? If you did, how long did it take and what made you realize it? And were you in contact with him/her or not?

57

Most Helpful Guy

• No.

Every break up happened for a reason. Maybe we just weren't compatible. Or there was some trait that we couldn't get past. Or one time she drove me crazy (not in a good way).

For me the break up was always for the best.

And I'm not in contact with any of them.

What Guys Said 6

• I've never broken up with a girl and then thought I had been immature or stupid, but I have had regrets about relationships not working out. There are a few women with whom the good parts were so absolutely good that I didn't want the relationships to end, but there were bad parts, too, and those led to the breakups. You must accept people as a package deal- the good parts, the bad parts, the kids they might have - or leave them alone.

• Of the women I broke up with I have never regretted it. The first time in my entire life that I was the one to break it off with a woman came about 1 yr ago. I felt like complete shit, and I still do about each of the 3 women I have broken up with. But the reasons were sound and justified. As soon as I get to a point where I know I will never want to marry them, I stop. There is no reason to continue with the relationship.

• Not at all. It's best to move on, learn about your mistakes, and forget, and just be a better person next time.

• No. I only dumped one girl in my life. I didn't enjoy doing it but it was best for both of us.

I don't believe you should regret dumping or dating someone. Still doesn't stop me from being bitter about past relationships though. I just dislike being played.

• Of course.

• a bit more info? :)

• No I don't have anyone to have the sex with, make weird meals or go on adventures. I should have been better versed in conflict resolution and communication.

• I've only regretted not sleeping with an ex. Just because we weren't compatible doesn't mean she stopped being hot.

What Girls Said 5

• Yes all the time, whenever I think about a particular ex of mine who had a lot going for him at the time. He was into politics and really involved in his community but I was really selfish and immature about the situation at the time and left him because he didn't have "time" for me. It was stupid, I could've sacrificed a little in order for him to fulfill his dreams, supported his passion better you know?

• Not really, all the times that I have broken up with someone, it has been for a good reason.

The last time I was dumped, however, I would like to go back and change.

• Yeah I have. I've tried talking to him to end it in a better way than we did but he is being a complete d*ck now (hasnt talked to me in over a yr despite my attempts to at least patch it up) so I think it was for the better that I broke up with him.

• Yes! It took me 7 months after when I decided to date other people. I felt like I belonged to him and seeing other men was wrong. I don't know why but I did. he really loved my crazy self. I contacted him it was rocky at first but he took me back. Still kind of crazy but we're still working on being together.

• YES. I was so immature and looking back at it now I just wonder what the hell I was thinking. I guess I just wasn't mature enough for a relationship at that point.