What does it mean if your ex boyfriend starts slowly talking to you?

We've been broken up for 3 months and at 6 wk mark he proposed that we be friends after not hearing from him. I told him no. I knew if I was friends with him it was going to hurt me worse and I'd never be able to get over him. Fast forward to now I have noticed that he is trying to talk to me more. I am wondering why he is doing this all of a sudden. What is your opinion of this?

12

Most Helpful Girl

• It could be that he wants to get back together or he misses your friendship. It's too early to say.

• it has been 3 months and at about the 5 wk mark he asked if i wanted to be friends but he hurt me really badly so i say no.

• To me, it sounds like he doesn't want to let that friendship go. So he gave you your space--a few weeks--and is trying to initiate contact so that he can become friends again even though you don't want that.

What Guys Said 2

• He definitely misses you..
    To what degree/his motives are unclear though, you won't be sure until you talk more

• why won't he come straight out and say it though, afterall he did break up with me

• Nerves... unsure what your reaction would be after 3 months maybe?
      That's my guess, I could easily be wrong

• it means he wans 2 get back 2 u obviously...

• well he has just started making small talk. i find it hard to believe that he wants to get back together bc the break up as very ugly. i eventually just stopped contacting him bc it was pretty hopeless.

What Girls Said 0

The only opinion from girls was selected the Most Helpful Opinion, but you can still contribute by sharing an opinion!