My ex is trying to contact me. Should I ignore him?

Long story short, we dated for two months during high school. He wasn't a very good boyfriend, he spent more time playing video games than spend time with me. He's the one who ended the relationship and decided to go after some girl he played Halo with online. I got over him and since then have been with a wonderful guy for the past two and a half years.

Shortly after my ex broke up with his girlfriend he messaged me saying he was sorry, he made a terrible mistake, he loves me, etc. I'm too nice for my own good and I responded saying it was nice of him to say that but I've since met the man I'm planning on spending the rest of my life with and pretty much, he's a day late and a dollar short.

He understood and said he was happy I'm happy but he kept saying I'm the one for him and he would wait for me. No matter how much I told him not to, to find another girl and be happy, he
wouldn't listen. Eventually it got to the point he wrote a status on Facebook that I knew was about me and I blocked him because I couldn't take his stubbornness anymore.

Since then I think he got a new girlfriend for a while thankfully, but I was going through my emails today and saw he found my second Facebook account I made while my first was hacked a while back and not only did he send me a friend request but he messaged me too.

I'm too nice for my own good and I thought about unblocking him and making it clear (again) that I'm happy now and I would only want to be friends with him but at the same time I don't know if he's gonna bombard me with his "I'll wait"'s and everything else which I don't want to deal with again.

thoughts anyone? Thank you!

• Ignore him.
  • Talk to him.

21

Most Helpful Girl

• Sounds like he's trying to get back with you after treating you like crap. No thanks. It also sounds like he's trying to manipulate your feelings by telling you sweet-nothings.

I doubt he's changed. The one thing that sticks out in my mind is that he left you for another girl.

F*** him.

• Thats true. And I'm someone who hates pissing people off or making him upset and I know he has anger issues so I'm slightly worried me blocking/not answering him will set him off. Thankfully I doubt he has my phone number anymore and he doesn't know where I live or work.

What Guys Said 1

• He is persistent, I would not say dangerous...
    Just be firm, your happy with your man, he had his chance and if he does not move on, you'll block him from all aspects of your life

• So you're saying to just ignore him?

• Re-enforce your boundaries with him first , make it abundantly clear
      Than , ignore him

What Girls Said 1

• I've had two such cases, and though I initially ignored them, they never stop emailing me, eventually I decided for all parties involved it's best to give some closure.
    DON'T be nice, you don't have to be a bitch, but you have to be FIRM.
    Say that nothing will change and don't complement them, they'll think there's still a chance and pester you. If he seems dangerous/stalkerish tell you friends/family/bf or whomever.

• The thing is, I've already made it clear he has no chance. That I love my boyfriend and I intend to be with him for the rest of my life. But he just wouldn't quit so I blocked him.

Thankfully he doesn't have any of my contact info and he's never been to my house so he doesn't know where I live so I don't think I have to worry about being stalked or anything.

• Thats good, I had to set my current boyfriend on one of them (technically we've never even met but the guy fell in love with me over OKC =_=) as he ended up at my school and wouldn't leave.(Note that the dude was from Canada and I'm in NY)
      I've always thought these types as men who are in love with just the idea of you, it's frustrating, but in the end rather sad.

• My boyfriend is in no ways verbal so I don't know what he would do if I told him about this, which is why I'm trying to handle it myself.

I've had guys like that too -_-