Girlfriend is trash talking and wants to break up with me. What should I do?

I was over at my girlfriends and went through her phone (I know it was wrong). She messaged one friend and said she wanted to dump me. Messaged another friend and was trash talking saying I was "shit" at a certain thing.
I don't feel as if she is giving me the respect I deserve. I tried to leave last night but she didn't want me to go. I'm confused at the moment but I am now thinking of breaking up with her myself. Advice please?

She said she was "venting" when she talked trash.
She knew I went through her phone as well. She apologized, but that still doesn't fix her problem.

65

Most Helpful Girl

• Never ever date a woman that talks shit about you behind your back.

If she's not mature enough to resolve issues like an adult by talking to you face to face, she's definitely not mature enough to be in a relationship.

You can vent to your friends and say something so-and-so did upset you, but when the conversation goes towards trash talking like that and pondering breakup, that's your cue to tell her to go fuck herself.

If she talks shit about you to her friends, think of what private things she reveals on a regular basis and paints you in what light to everyone she knows. If you do ANYTHING she doesn't like, you'll have a crapton of people demonizing you for every breath you take, even if in reality she's at fault for the arguments/disagreements.

She's giving her circle of friends reason to hate and attack you should things don't go her way. You will never have a good relationship with such a woman, because she likes to stir shit and have backup at the ready.

Yes, going through her phone was uncool, but her saying to her friends she wants to dump you is just fucking shitty. Then saying she was "venting"? Bullshit. If you're angry at a person, you vent in the form of complaining about what they did or said, not saying they're shit and contemplating breakup.

I sure as hell don't tell my friends I wanna dump my boyfriend over dirty dishes or something else that annoyed me.

She sounds dramatic and too much of a hassle. Dump her ass and find someone more stable and less gossip hungry.

• She was already in a really bad mood that I put her in, I was being clingy and needy. I got mad at her just because she didn't answer when I called

• That doesn't excuse her behaviour in the slightest. Hey, if you wanna be with her, more power to you.

But remember: she will always talk shit about you behind your back. The second you do something that displeases her, shit will be travelling from her mouth to every friend and family member she knows.

Have fun.

What Girls Said 5

• everyone is saying "Break up, leave, dump her, screw her friends" like, seriously? Problems will never be solved with breaking up. You both were wrong, you were wrong for lashing out at her for not picking up your call, or whatever reason, and she was wrong going to her friends and talking like that about you! She should've told you what she felt about it and you should've asked why she didn't pick up, instead of lashing out. Things are always solved with rationality rather than fighting and jumping to sad conclusions that you might regret later. Good luck with her. :)

• Thank you so much! We did solve things and moved on! We are really happy together

• break up with her first.

• Leave, you will never be happy in a relationship without respect. If she says this to her friends what would she say to other guys?

• Never date a person who bad mouths any other. As adults we make choices, some are good, so are trash. Stop being treated as a doormat. Have some self respect and walk away

• Apologize to her and stop clingy in relationships

• Well why was shit talking shit... A girl talk shit when a man is doing stupid things or when she is a bitch and puts him down

• I was being an ass hole

• Well there you go. She just had to talk to someone about how you were acting. I think you should take her out on a nice dinner date and after ask her how she feels about you both but don't get into a fight.

• Yeah, we've made up!

What Guys Said 5

• Yes it's time to let that trash talking asshole go.

sp.yimg.com/.../th

• next time you steal her phone, text her friends (being her) that the only reason you're staying is that you're so good in bed. then say you shouldn't have mentioned that. then delete those texts.

then break up with gf.

then hook up with her friends.

• Just break up with her, even if she was venting... that's inappropriate.

• You should break up with her. Why would you stay with a girl that was trash talking you and on the brink of breaking up with you

• Break up with her before she breaks up with you