Am I an overreacting or should I leave this guy before its too late?

Started seeing someone online. We've been on several dates but I'm not getting good vibes from this guy.

He was late for the last date, he checks his online profile daily, told me he likes getting drunk and its weird I've never been drunk, never texts first (I always need to initiate it) and is not interested in pursing any type of degree (he's settling for retail work).

I've always been a "good girl". I've never been wasted... The career I am going into is very strict with alcohol/DUI. I could probably be spending time studying than doing the types of things he does for fun.

Am I wasting my time? How do I tell him I'm not interested?

22

Most Helpful Girl

• Sounds like you are overanalyzing.
    Just because he enjoys doing those things for fun doesn't mean you automatically have to tag along and compromise your beliefs to join him.

Personally, I think it's silly to be dismissive of a guy for that reason unless you're getting legitimate alcoholic vibes or even just 'don't know how to have a good time/create a good time for others without alcohol' vibes. To be honest, he kinda sounds like his life is going nowhere and that's reason to cut it short now. You clearly have ambitions and he doesn't sooo yeahhh. He's gotta go. You could be nice and say that you've realized you really jest want to focus on yourself or just ignore him and never talk to him again.

What Guys Said 2

• This person that you are sort of dating does not sound like someone fit for your personality type. They also don't sound that interested in being with you. In my opinion, you are wasting your valuable time on this guy.

• My best friend got his degree, but is still doing retail. I mean, he owns the place buttttt he's still doing retail, technically

What Girls Said 1

• To me it sounds like you've pretty much decided that this guy is not for you and now are looking for people to tell you that you are making the right decision. You're not all that into him, and that's ok. You say that he never initiates contact so it'll be easy to "get rid" of him. You can simply tell him that you do not think you are a good match but wish him luck for the future.