How long do you usually take to get over a break up?

66

Most Helpful Guy

• About 10 minutes. I've had plenty of practice.

What Guys Said 5

• How long?
    The time it takes to drink two bottles of wine ;)...
    Jokes aside, I learnt when I was young there is a new bus every 15 minutes...
    I just try to learn my lessons/grow from previous relationships and move on...
    Flow with the river, not fighting it...
    When I was a teenager though, felt like it was the end of the world lol

• I'll probably be bummed out a little, but I no longer feel anything after someone cheats on me or break up with me mainly because it's been done countless of times over in the past. Sooner or later, your heart simply becomes numb and broken and there's nothing you can really do to fix it.

• I've gotten over all my breakups in less than a week, but I was the one to break up, so it was easier.

• Im still mourning.

• It depends on how much I cared about the girl and how long we were dating. I've been completely over someone a couple of days after breaking up. The longest it has taken me to get over someone was like 2 months

What Girls Said 6

• It depends. Sometimes it would only take a month or so. After my last breakup, I didn't really 'get over him' and the circumstances of what happened for about a year and a half. The main turning point in when I did manage to get over it for the most-part was when I started spending time with my boyfriend.
    Still makes me sad when I think about it or run into anyone connected with it, but I don't spend much time or energy thinking about it.

• If I really loved him a few years. If I only liked him months. If it was just a crush then weeks. If I had no feelings then days.

• When i was younger it would take a few months if i really still liked the guy.

Now i can say, instantly. It's a person's own thoughts that cause the pain, not the breaking up or anything else for that matter.

• I will never get over it unless i find a new person to love. N for the recent 1. I'm still trying to get over it. Almost 5years now. And i can't even find anyone for me to love.

• The longest I've taken so far is about a year to completely move on

• Honestly my first break up at age 13 took me 1 month to get over we were together for a month and a half, and then when i was 15 my break up took 4 months to get over we were together for a year, and then at age 17 my break up took 2 weeks to get over, we were together for a month. So it depends how much time u guys were together.