How do you cope with those random moments of missing someone so much that it hurts?

Question for people who have broken up or been rejected and need to get over someone..

What is your methods of coping with it? For me I find the moments come and go where I miss him. I'll be fine for a few days or hours but then I'd suddenly just remember him and how much I miss him and then I just want to cry and give up. I feel powerless and just overwhelmed by sadness. I'm sure other people can relate so I'd like to know what I can do to make those moments more tolerable and how I can snap out of it to not let that bring me down.

32

Most Helpful Girl

• There is really nothing you can do. And you shouldn't be forcing yourself to do anything just so you wouldn't think of him. What you're feeling is normal and you're not the only one, there are bunch of us here feeling exactly the same way. Just let hit you when it hits you, don't try to fight it out and don't be ashamed to show it. Eventually you will get so tired of that shit and it will go away on its own. The reason why you feel like that is because you subconsciously don't want to let it go, in a weird way you are enjoying it. But trust me on this one - the moment you start liking someone else (especially if it's mutual), it will go away. Just remember long ago when you thought you're never gonna get over someone... well you did, didn't you? It's gonna be the same with your newest ex as well, weather you wanted it to or not.

What Guys Said 2

• Keep yourself busy, so you don't have time to dwell. Work hard, play hard, be so tired you don't have time to lie in bed and dwell since you've fallen asleep so quickly.

And sometimes... you might just have to cry and released the pressure that way.

• It's been 11 years since my last break up and i been running a
    dry period but all i can say is keep your self busy, find a group to
    join of some sort like a support group.

What Girls Said 2

• I don't know it's been a battle for the last 8 months. I just try to keep myself busy. Sometimes it's good just to let it out by the way. It does get easier with time.

• Even in relationships that don't last forever, you still have the love that was created between you two. No one can take that away from you. Just hold on to the fond memories and appreciate them for what they are.