Why would an ex go out of their way to try and make you jealous?

Initially my ex tried to win me over while I was in a relationship. Eventually my relationship ended because I admitted having feelings for my ex. But when I approached him he made a point to shove his latest of several relationships in my face. Why did my ex try so hard to be mean? How can I get over my ex?

Someone hacked my account and made that the Most Helpful Answer I don't think it was helpful but I know who did it. Gosh thanks for thinking of me sweetie! I really can't believe that you're acting like this. But whatever floats your boat. I wish you would get a hold of your emotions rather than being swept away by them.

34

Most Helpful Guy

• remind yourself that he hates you and you will get over him

• That's not helpful and it's really not that simple. I'm a lovable person so is he. Things didn't work out yada yada yada.

• well you said he was mean so my point was to try and remind yourself of that act.
      Thanks for MHO!

• You seem like a really negative person, your Karma will get you!

What Guys Said 3

• 1. Because fuck you for not obeying the pull of his penis the first time?

2. Eat more Oreos. Watch more Depp.

• Yeah, that pretty much sums him up.

But why did you put the second bullet point like I'm a loser who sits on my couch?

• Hmmm okayyyy?

• ... -_-; How do I get myself into these?

• i guess it's because he feels jealous and kinda hurt of yer recent relationship basically...

• I know I don't control other people's behavior but I really don't understand that mentality.

• he feels jealous and kinda

• Looks like your opinion was cut off.

What Girls Said 3

• Just because two people Break up doesn't mean they can't and don't Make up and that it's Good-bye forever, my love. And with an "EX" who still Marks an X in his own softie snarly heart, there is usually motive in mind when He-----Tried to win me over while I was in a relationship.
    This is Because he couldn't have you right then and there and it was a chase and a challenge to try and Grab the juiciest apple at the top of the tree. He became territorial and once it was over with you and the Other, who was most likely just a rebound, In the intrum of you dropping him, This loser had already picked up on another, just like the Others.
    This was the reason of the season that Not just 'Mean' but Unfair to you at the moment to see if he could get you back under his wing for maybe a... fling. He probably he was looking for a Friends with benefits factor and now, that he has someone else that he most likely will string along and around, he is letting you know that "Two can play at this game."
    Don't take him back, should he try to come back with his tail between his legs. Move on and lose all contact. This is a full circle pattern that will only go down a beaten path each and every time.
    Good luck. xx

• It was a HUGE mistake on his part.

• Yes, probably so to teach you a lesson but also when you were with someone else, his old tricks of being with others as you say, he just so happen to be with someone else right hen.. you are better off without him.:)) xxoo

• Another good word of advice on Gag, for I see you were having a problem here.. Block anyone who you feel is not beneficial. xx

• He wants you to feel hurt if you broke up with him, wants you to feel jealous. Is just a rude person.

• What's the best way for me to get over how he treated me?

• For me id say rub it in his face and go clubbing and post things online which he'll probably be looking at. Have fun and try to forget about him, move on meet a new guy, just have some fun, because once in a while someone is going to hurt you but you need to realise that and just get on with life. xx

• What if I'm new to the area and would have to go out clubbing by myself? Does that seem desperate?

• I think because he knows your an easy target.

• How do I not become an easy target then?