Should I wish my ex a happy birthday?

So my ex and I broke up a little over a month ago. It was a week after my birthday when he did the breaking up. We've both since moved on to other relationships and I'm very happy. I feel kind of obligated to wish him a happy birthday since we were engaged and everything. I also know that he has been telling people that he's "torn up" by the break up and has been trying to make situations awkward instead of being an adult (he accidentally packed some of my stuff with his and made a big production returning it). Should I bother saying happy birthday or not?

• Yes just a plain "happy birthday" text
  • Don't send anything it's a trap

34

Most Helpful Guy

• IF he's still your friend or contacts you then send it. You won't lose anything. After all, it's just "Happy birthday" text nothing else.
    Good luck :)

• See he says that he wants to stay friends but then he will do things with the intention of getting a rise out of me. I really don't care either way.

• Best of luck and you are always welcome :)

What Guys Said 3

• No just leave him be. It will work out better that way for him.

• How is either way better for him?

• Out of site out of mind. Sometimes not hearing from someone is better when healing for a lost relationship especially if he is "torn up" about it.

• I don't think that he actually is though. He kind of just likes it when people feel sorry for him

• I wouldn't do it. It might lead to drams

• God no. I would never buy him a gift. I decided against acknowledging his birthday though. It was a shit relationship and I don't need nor want the drama from it. Plus it would be 2 days late at this point which I think would be worse.

• That is good that you didn't buy him a gift. And that is another thing I forgot to say as well if it was a good enough relationship to even give him that respect or acknowledgement. That is another thing the dram that may come from just being nice and sending a text. I am glad that you didn't send the text. Lol. He seems like he didn't deserve it any way.

• Why would you? I'm sure you don't actually care if he has a happy birthday or not

• No I really do wish him the best but I'd feel guilty if I didn't wish him a happy birthday I guess.

What Girls Said 3

• Re reading, kittykatg, I have read further into your sticky situation at hand and have come to my wise ol' conclusion That----Why fix what doesn't need to be broken by opening up a can of smelly worms again?
    If you know all you know, go about your life and stay happy. By even sending him this "Happy birthday" message, could end up stirring up a hornet's nest and making your Happy haven... a real mess of a bird's nest.
    Good luck. xx

• If he's your friend then I would say go for it. But if not or there's any issues then I wouldn't

• That's the thing he says that he wants to be but then internationally does things to try to get a rise out of me. Hasn't worked but it makes me wonder what the hell I was thinking being with him

• Thanks for your input

• You're welcome

• No. Leave it alone. He can't move on if you keep in contact with him.