Girls, would break up with "the one"?

If are in a loveing and careing relationship with "the one" (the one you feel you were destined to be with, and the one you are going to marry)
Would you break up with him solely for practical reasons?
Ex: you can't see how you can find the time for a relationship with your new job, stress due to school exams etc

• Yes, sometimes practical circumstance can make me break up with a guy that I am crazy in love with.
  • No, if my feelings are really that strong I will make it work. No matter how har the circumstances are
Guys can not vote on this poll
I'm a Girl

13

Most Helpful Girl

• Yes
    I would, I've personally been in that situation
    Where I had to choose between my own health/stress levels over a relationship
    It sucks

But it was literally life or death for me like pursue my relationship or face academic drop if I don't focus

Pursue a relationship where I'm not 100% myself anymore "Depression, anxiety.. etc" and the relationship is just adding to that or take a step back, regather myself so that one day I can give it 100%

Of course I could make time but if I'm not mentally there it's pointless

What Girls Said 12

• True love = NOT abandoning your lover for practical reasons.

My boyfriend and I already discussed this: if either of us needs to move cities or even countries for career or whatever reasons, the other one will follow. Period.
    We live together, so work or studies aren't exactly going to stop us from seeing each other. At one point we were working different shifts and only saw each other in bed in the morning and evening. So what? That's life, sometimes you're busy.

Why would we throw away something amazing due to some minor setback?

• I've been in this situation and I found it incredibly hard to leave (though he ended up leaving in the end). I always tried for us, but there were times where I seriously considered leaving him, I just couldn't leave him though. I'd left other guys before him with relative ease, he was a special one.

• I think I get too emotionally carried away, so I don't think I would be able to. This only applies if they really are "the one".

• I might ask to keep things down for a while, but still try to make some time to see him... though i'd say straight out that i dont want anything serious because of whatever reason

• No I wouldn't

• "The one" Is someone who would be with you through thick and thin, and supports you no matter what and loves your for exactly who you are and your imperfections. Otherwise. They ain't yo "One" So i wouldn't break up if I found the one.

• They are all just lame excuses. True love is never a hurdle. It makes you a better person, gives you strength and helps you to grow. So, if I know that I have fount the one I wanna spend rest of my life with, I will never leave that person.

• Yes. If I feel I'm not the one for him and he can do better. I would. I'm basically helping him.

• I wouldn't call that practical circumstances, but rather insecurity from you. Am I right?

• Kind of. If you know your partner can have a better catch, then why not let them? I wouldn't want someone to endure my presence.

• No, if he is the one, then I think you (I) could make time.

• This is my story exactly! My boyfriend and I had a fairy tale relationship (from the outside) we met freshman year started dating that next year and now that is our senior year we had started talking about getting married and starting a new life together just the two of us. I broke up with my ex because while we bothwere busy with school he was busy and there was always this double standard when it came to going to eachother for problems. for him I would drop whatever I was doing to be with him I have stayed up all night letting him talk about his fears and insecurities when it came to me he would downsize my issues and tell me that Its not that big a deal and I need to get over it. So yes, School is a valid reason to break up as it can push even the most picture perfect couple away

• It would depend, like does he make time for me? Do I feel like a priority? Is this a larger pattern of his? Where there other difficulties in the relationship? We're we growing apart?

• And if that person is the one we will find a way back to one another.

• No i would not