Girls, so if you sent a text your ex and didn't get reply, what would you think? Feel?

Say after a period of no contact with an ex... You decided to text him whether it was to reach out or whatever... But he didn't answer. Would you text him again or expect him to contact you?

9

Most Helpful Girl

• I'd think he wants nothing to do with me anymore and wouldn't expect him to contact me. If I was pretty much convinced that he doesn't hold any grudges towards me, I might try to send another text in a bit just to make sure there weren't some "technical difficulties" the first time. But then I'd definitely close that chapter of my life for good.

What Girls Said 8

• I wouldn't text him back if he ignored me. I would just assume he obviously does not want to talk to me and move on from whatever I was feeling at the time. I would not expect him to message back or contact me at all. If I am in my feelings and I really do want to talk to him, it would sting a bit... But I refuse to compromise my dignity just to get him to respond.

• What if your ex sent you a text after a while... you know if we get dumped, some times it takes us a while to have the guts to answer.

• I would take my time, but I wouldn't take an unreasonable amount of time. I might wait a few hours

• My ex replied 3 days later :)

• If I was the one who broke up and wanted him back, I would totally understand why he isn't responding and try harder. If it was opposite, would never text him again, I would only reply politely if he texts me.

• My ex is really shy though.. I don't know if she would have the guts to try again

• Depends what she said in the text? And it also depends if you want her back or not. If you do, you should respond and ask her why she is texting you. If she says "I just wanted to check how you are" or tries to initiate friendship, run as fast as you can! If she wants you back, she will have a straight answer on your "why".

• Well she was hoping I was OK and that University was good and that I was enjoying the sun.

I told her I didn't want to be friends with her, and she knows I would never be friends with an ex.

I also let her know that if she changed her mind she knows where to find me.

• I would think that he ignored the text. I wouldn't text him again and expect him to contact me.

• I definitely wouldn't text him again. He got the first text and chose not to respond to it, at least this far. I'd feel pretty embarrassed and my ego would take a hit bit I'd ultimately be okay with it.

• Depends on the ex. I've had exes who would wait a day or two to respond. By the second day, I stop thinking about it and just move on.

• Expect him to contact me

• I would simply let it go

• So if he answered after a while... what would you do?

• 2 days ago

• she sounds wishy washy it doesn't take 2 days to text back, you still have feelings for her though I think so your still holding on in case, don't let yourself be the when it's convenient guy

• depends are we on good or bad terms?
    good terms yeah bad terms no

• I think we're on good terms.. but we hadn't spoken since the break up.

• What do you think that means, that she's so happy speaking to me so soon after the break up?

• sounds like she's not over you? lol... ask her