Someone please help! So confused I don't know what to think or do?

My ex boyfriend still wears the promise ring I gave him. He will send me random texts about my favorite snacks. He only texts me every once in awhile and unless he contacts me I won't contact him. Is there a reason why he's still wearing the ring? Is he planning on coming back? Is he sending me random texts about my favorite snacks because he's missing me? Is he trying to find a way to come back But doesn't know how? He left because he wanted his space. So is this his start to trying to make things right? I don't know what to think anymore. Someone please help me out. Thank you in advance.

32

Most Helpful Girl

• Just because two people Break up doesn't mean they can't and don't Make up and that it's Good-bye, my love forever. And with an "EX" who still Marks his own X in your softie spot here, dear, there is usually motive in mind when it comes the time and He-------Only texts me every once in awhile.
    You have openly admitted 'He wanted his space' and with This, it seems he may want his cake and eat it Two. With this I mean, he Still wants his freedom but probably wants you still in his life without all the strife but just When he wants to see you or contact you at his... leisurely.
    He is most likely Missing the Kissing along with along with 'My favorite snacks.' Both sound real good to him, however, Not so "Good' that he will drop what he has Now, which is also Real "good' and come back tomorrow to be hooked at the hip.
    The ring thing is something that obviously means something special to him. He chooses to wear this because you are in his mind, in his thoughts, in his heart and he hasn't found it in his own heart to to put it away because it would mean saying Good-bye to You forever and he is not ready to do it and obviously doesn't want to.
    It's your choice, your call, if you want to get together and just sit down and have a serious Ex soul mate talk, face to face. Tell him you would like to be friends right now but not with the benefits or if he is Ready to come back, could you both work it out where Everyone Benefits with their own... space.
    He wants you in his life but he has to be told that you are Not some 'Random' roundup. Don't wear your heart on your sleeve and go slow for now. Nurse and nurture a newfound relationship, should you both start off as friends or just choose to start off with a slow flow of 'Let's see where this is going' and together, it could end up panning out and end up a bond again but... better.
    Good luck. xx

What Guys Said 2

• I don't even no where to go with this, I never heard of a guy wearing a promise ring and I couldn't tell you exactly why he's wearing it because the only thing I could come close too thinking is him possibly carrying around something you gave him like a watch or something even though he has better ones etc.

I mean it could be for him to remind himself of you, it could be a reminder for what he wants to avoid who really knows to be honest. I mean why don't you just ask him and find out for yourself?

• Guys wear promise rings? Have I been living in a shell or what

What Girls Said 2

• Maybe he just likes the ring? My ex wore the watch I got him and the matching ring we had together even when he was in a relationship with another girl. I still keep the rings and other jewelry my exes got me simply bc I like them

• he is not ready to completely let you go. be careful not to turn something special you both had into something casual this time. You two need to talk and decide whether it is a friendship or you are working towards getting back together, what ever this is... both of you need to have a clear idea... otherwise you are on different pages and someone will get hurt.

best of luck