How to get over a girl that liked you who has a boyfriend now?

So the past few weeks i had been talking to a girl and seeing her a lot and she liked me a lot and i was planning on making a move the next time i saw her. Last time i saw her everyone was surrounding her and talking to her. It felt weird to just join in and not have anything to talk about. I was planning on making a move the next time i saw her. One of my mutual friends who my best friend is closer with had seen her later that week and hooked up with her and he asked her out on a date and now their boyfriend and girlfriend pretty much. It hurts so bad knowing i could of been in his position and liking a girl a lot. I already haven't ever had a girlfriend and my friends can just get one so easily or hook up. Its destroying me. Does anyone know how i can get over this? Because its already so hard to find a girl for me.

17

Most Helpful Guy

• Why do you think it is easier for your friends? Just because they do it and you don't? You have no idea how difficult it is for them.

The next time that you have a chance with a girl, remind yourself of this experience and the lesson you leaned: having some bullshit excuse for why you didn't approach a girl doesn't make you feel any better when a more assertive guy is taking her out to dinner tonight.

• Its not even difficult for them. Supposedly they come to him. He somehow just gets their number or they come to him at the gym. Their boyfriend and girlfriend now pretty much. Everyone surrounding a girl and not being able to join in and talk made me feel awkward

• You said, "and my friends all can like so easily." Now we find out that this happened to one friend once? You are overgeneralizing and catastrophizing about what is going on around you.

What Girls Said 1

• Distractions. Hang out with friends, work out, listen to music, pick up a new hobby

• A few of mine hang out with a lot but they sometimes won't bring them around the ones their friends with. It just sucks knowing i could of probably had a girl and wanted to make a move and then that happens.

What Guys Said 6

• You sounds exactly like me my friend. Cut yourself off from her for as long as it takes for you to be comfortable. For guys like us, it takes a lot of silent heart breaks to learn our lesson, so I am about to give you the best advice you will ever receive; Cheer up, have a biscuit.

• Simple, you don't entirely forget about her... but you cut contact with her completely and keep telling yourself "There's a girl out there just like her, if not better, and she's single and ready to love me passionately". It's that easy mate.

I wish I hadn't spent years hooked on one girl... I'm not going to say I wasted time, but it was pointless... We had a fling, did a few things, but a relationship (what I ultimately wanted) was impossible.

Don't make the same mistakes.

• I suggest a duel at high noon. If that's too frightening, then poison works. Or you could just be patient, it probably won't work out anyway. In the meantime you could take karatee lessons.

• Yeah basic distractions.

• Go to the gym and meet new people, hang out with your friends, and possibly try out new activities. Do whatever it takes to keep your mind occupied.

• My advice would be to go somewhere lots of girls are and start talking to them.

• I just dont know where girls are. if I'm introduced to them or around them i can go from there. its just dont know where at because its hard for me at like a store or something.

• Thank you for your help. It just still hurts inside. I know ill still be friends with that girl but just sucks. I just dont know how to meet a girl at a random place its hard for me to approach them. like i said If someone introduces me to them i can go from there.

• Girls are everywhere, 1 in every 2 human beings is a girl. Go out there and talk to a bunch of them. Set a quota, for example, "I have to talk to 10 girls this week." and do it. Love is a numbers game.

• Get over your awkwardness and make a move

• i was planning to the next time i were to see her but someone else of course hung out with her and then here i am.

• Well, we have all been there at some stage...
      Good luck pal

• I haven't really. I haven't even hooked up with a girl its a horrible feeling