Why do people dump you for someone else?

I really don't understand this. They say that you're the one. They tell you that they can't live without you. They say that they have never found a person like you. Then one day, they just leave. They fell in love with someone else, kept you on the hook and then just dropped you like a hot potato.

I have never been in a relationship, but this whole scanerio scares me to death :( I feel so terrified of ever being into a relationship. I don't think that I can take a chance with my heart. The risk is just not worth it. Why do people hurt others when they are not sure about themselves?

52

Most Helpful Guy

• It's because their needs aren't being met. Simple. If a guy has dated a girl for a while and she's not willing to have sex yet while the guy has a powerful sex-drive, then of course he's going to look for someone to fool around with.

You just have to accept that not everyone is going to be for you and you should just let go of expectations when it comes to relationships.

• I understand that there are some basic needs like sex that have to be met, but what about love? If a girl wants to wait, can't he wait, too? Why does sex becomes such a huge reason to break up with a person you love?

• Would you want to get into a long relationship and after you marry you suddenly realize that your partner is god awful in bed?

Or what if he has so many fetishes that just utterly creep you out?

If you miss exploring an aspect of your partner before fully committing, then you should at least expect some turmoil.

Saying "I love you" doesn't mean shit. You can't love a person completely 100%, else you'd be loving a flawless being. You'll get annoyed with some aspects of a person, but if you're too off put by them when you decided to commit then it's going to cause you some trouble.

I will still stay with him but love is not limited to bed.

Fetishes are fetishes. Not all fetishes are meant to be completed. They are just there in your fantasies. I mean, people have such gross fetishes and if they will try to find a loyal girl who can fulfill those fetishes, then they will fail as they would reduce the dating market for themselves. SO, compromises have to be there.

Saying "I Love You" means shit, but feeling the love is everything. But the saddest thing is... love has become more of a superficial thing. Sex, money, status, all these are what constitute love these days.

What Guys Said 1

• Why do chips taste like potatos

What Girls Said 5

• It's sad how people hearts get broken, but you cannot live your life being afraid. Someday, you may accidentally break someone's heart, it's not always going to be your heart.
    Yes, at the moment it hurts... But this is how we learn while we are here... These heart breaks prepare us for the one ( your true love).

• Because they think the grass is greener on the other side

• cuz they suck and they dont realize how awesome you are and lucky they were to be with you

• Because their needs aren't being met and they probably never loved you or just stopped loving you

• Because they get bored with the other person?