Your thoughts on this?

My ex-boyfriend had broken up with me out of the clear blue and said that he likes me a lot, but saying love is an overstatement; along with saying that he doesn't want to date any more. He gave no valid reason why we broke up either
also he stated that he wants to remain friends, but it seems like it's whenever he feels like it. I have a feeling I could be a rebound with this, but what are your thoughts? Thank you.
I'm also really having a hard time since he really never gave me closure by saying why he broke up.

25

Most Helpful Guy

• My thoughts are "Fuck him. He's a pretentious piece of shit."

What Guys Said 4

• he gave a valid reason for the break up
    he stated clearly that love is an ovestatement concerning his feelings towards you

• Was he acting strangely at all within the last 3 weeks of this happening? Additionally how long have you two been in a relationship for?

• The week before, he was acting like he usually does and we were having a really good time. We had made love and I noticed that he got a whole lot better at it. After that it just seemed to be a usual date and us hanging out.
      After that, I didn't hear from him for a whole week. He texted me to say happy Easter and I talked to him the next day and I asked him if he loved me. After that, that's when it all happened.

Prior to this, we had dated close to 10 months. I wish he would've told me like the second month or sooner.

• I will put this as gently as possible, YOU ARE HIS FUCK TOY. He is using you like an object.

• I appreciate your honesty.
      However, I haven't had sex with him since we broke up. I truly don't want to either. I feel sex should be shared between two individuals whom love each other equally and want to be together.

• move on as a guy who's done that to a girl harsh truth is he is using you. Don't fall into it.

What Girls Said 2

• 1) I think his valid reason was "I don't want to be in a relationship anymore". He either didn't like the stress of it or wanted to be single.

2) I don't think you'll be a rebound, but I'm wondering if he's only trying to be intimate with you and nothing else.

Honestly, I wouldn't give him any of time. If he's going to treat you this way, I would move on.

• When we first broke up, I wanted us to just be intimate, but it changed after I realized that I truly do care for him; but he doesn't share the same feelings.

• He probably stopped loving you and is just using that as an excuse to leave you.

• I kind of figured that out since he said it clearly to me.