Getting over someone?

What are some ways you have learned to move on from a break up? How did you get over your ex? Me and my boyfriend just broke up 2 days ago and all I seem to do is think about him. I know it's in my best interest to move on but I didn't know it would be this hard. 😥

35

Most Helpful Girl

• When my ex recently dumped me I was in shock and feeling like crap. I didn't hide it, everyone around me understood what I was going. I was barely eating, was one second crying, another one hating him, then laughing... the waves just kept coming no matter what I do. He would be on my mind constantly. I stayed friends with him, though. And I'm glad I did because the obvious difference between how he treated me in a relationship and how he treated me when not in a relationship made me get over him, fall out of love with him. I ended the friendship and I felt relieved. Started going to the gym and working on myself and on my job projects. Can't say I totally got over him, but I'm on a good road, at least he is not the first thing I think about when I wake up anymore. Only when I go to sleep. :D But that will go away as well eventually. Nothing lasts forever and your pain won't either.

• indeed the path to forget is the most difficult i guess and the most painful too

What Guys Said 5

• its very hard indeed i understand you 100% its been nearly a week for me and am already losing my mind. But keep yourself busy occupy yourself, go out do some sports or run or whatever and most important of all BE STRONG

• Get out there and have fun and stay busy! DON'T contact them.

• by finding some1 else or consedrating on yer hobies maybe?

• Go out partying or clubbin with friends, socialise with others, go see a film,

• Build a bridge and get over it.

What Girls Said 2

• Its hard but it is worth it. My ex broke up with me out of the blue about a year ago I didn't see it coming and it hit me right in the face. I felt broken, used, taken advantage and taken for granted. What helped me was acting like he didn't exist and just moving on and focusing on myself. Right now I'm in my 3rd year of high school graduating next year. I plan on putting my relationship status on hold just because I want to focus on myself. My ex treated me like a dog, and I felt so used but I moved on. Deleted his number, threw away everything he gave me, and it helped so much. I just realized that things between him and I weren't working. Tried being friends with him, didn't work so I just moved on with my life. I'm not going to beg for someone to be in my life if they are not willing to stay or make any sort of effort whatsoever. Decided to work on myself and focus on myself. Now all of a sudden my ex is trying to come back into my life but I've already moved on.

• Best way is to use the No Contact rule!

• I am in the same situtation, but it has been longer about 2 months, but we have to have contact due to a divorce. Any other advice?