Would you divorce your spouse if he or she got fat?

I would; obesity is on par with cheating---or perhaps even worse. What about you? Be completely honest.

1614

Most Helpful Girl

• No. But, he has to hit the gym and start eating healthy.

What Girls Said 15

• Last time I checked the vows were in sickness and in health. Pretty sure you could put that in the sickness category. So if you aren't gonna stand by the vows, why make them?
    Also how is gaining weight the same as allowing another person access to your body? That makes absolutely no sense.

• Your right, gaining weight is worse than cheating. At least when a woman cheats, she can easily stop. But, if a woman gains weight and refuses to lose it, then you're stuck with her fat.

• depends what you call class and common sense.

• Anything other than you.

• No! But I would try to help him lose weight.

• Nope, I'd just encourage him to work out and eat healthy food with me. He'll be back in shape in no time, and hopefully feeling better too. I don't think most people want to be obese. He just needs someone to be supportive and devote some time to helping him get through it. If he's my husband, we're partners, so that's what we'd do for each other.

My dad was pretty overweight for a time, which was essentially a symptom of stress, working long hours, heart problems, and just getting older, but I doubt leaving him even crossed my mom's mind. She didn't think "Well he's fat now, screw him, I'm leaving". She insisted on visits to the doctor, made sure to cook healthy food and not even keep junk in the house, went on walks with him every night, etc. Soon enough he was a lot better.

Also, obesity being on par with cheating? Definitely one of the more ridiculous things I've heard on this site lol.

• Agreed. I have no idea how you can compare gaining weight and cheating. That's retarded.

• Well, I'm not exactly beholden to laws of ancient Greece. What I know is that cheating is a horrible betrayal. It's reneging on a serious commitment made to being faithful. It shatters trust. It's deeply hurtful. It exposes the person cheated on to harmful risks in the form of STDs/STIs. It's just all-around unethical. Becoming obese hurts yourself and possibly the relationship, but it's fixable. Broken trust on the level of infidelity though... that will often do permanent damage and is very hard to come back from.

• Yeah, I suppose that's true.

• No I wouldn't but I would have him go to the gym with me.

• I wouldn't leave them for that, but since I'm an fat kid in recovery, if their poor eating habits began to influence me, I could see how it would lead to other issues within the the relationship.

• If it was excessive and because they refused to do anything about it. That's lazy and disrespect.

• No. Would you divore your wife/gf if she got pregnant? With most pregnancies comes weight gain. If you love someone then you should be willing to help them through the good times and the bad. That's what people who claim to love each other do.

• You don't have loads of room to talk.

• I would honestly
    Taking care of yourself is important

• I personally like chubby guys! Not huge, but chubby. So no. In fact, I'd be cooking for him 24/7 if he were skinny to get a belly going on him.

• No, never. I will encourage him to join a gym... Maybe I'll also go to the gym with him. Lol

• no... its weird.. he or she can get fat because of sickness. e. g thyroid disorder, diabetes.. and i just can't leave somebody because he got sick...

• Sickness is a different story, though. That's a whole different can of worms altogether.

• no... i wouldn't divorce. i am religious. till the death makes us a part...

• No!!! You took vows you need to stick to them not just becuase of some weight. Motivate them to loss the weight.

• This question is assuming you've already tried everything to help them and they refuse.

• No , Just help them loose the weight. She's still the same person. Workout with her and eat healthy with her , I've helped family loose weight buy eating healthy with them at times.

• Oh, of course I would try that first. I'm talking about if they absolutely refused to do anything about their weight.

• Well this was my plan. I would marry shallow rich people. U see as of now i have a nice body and a nice face so i would make an perfect wife. I pretty good at acting too :) . So after two years of marriage with a kid, i would gain lots of weight and he wouldve divorced me. He would need to pay me lots of money. And then i would find another shallow ashole to teach him a lesson.

What Guys Said 14

• Even Marge told Homer she was losing interest in him when he went over 300lbs.

You fell in love with them as they were - if they let themselves go and are like 'deal with it' then that's not right.

• I would I might sound like an asshole but why would you stay and lie to her

• Not until and unless she won't get back in shape... Everyone knows here physical attraction is important... She didn't has to have a body of a porn star but she should be fit at least...

• Haha you consider it cheating, and the funny thing is that you look fat yourself...

• That's why I'm not dating yet. I'm waiting until I get all of the weight off. A woman shouldn't have to date a fat guy.

In all fairness, though, I'm way stronger than you.

• @ulyss who said that? No one... The thing is that @asker consider it cheating if his partner gets fat. What kind of retard is he to think this way? Lol

• With that charming attitude of yours, you'll never have to worry about being married in the first place.

• no I wouldn't divorce her, but i wouldn't wanna have sex if she got to fat I don't mind a big girl but if she got too big it would just be annoying

• The whole point of marriage is to love your spouse through good and bad. If you are concerned about your partner's health, help them lose weight.

If you leave them over that, then you didn't love them to begin with.

• My fiancee and I are both overweight. When we live closer together we want to play tennis (both for fun and for exercise). People can lose weight, but a jerk will always be a jerk. Personality is king for a lasting relationship.

• Is it? I have a medical disorder that is rather hard to control my weight. It takes 4 times as long to lose and twice as easy to gain as a normal person. Took me 10 years and 150 lbs of weight gain to find a Dr that could figure out why I was eating 1200 calories a day, going to the gym 5 days a week and still gaining weight. You have no idea what people are going through some times. Your judgment is just tasteless.

• No, I know exactly what I'm talking about. In third grade, I gained 30 lbs, then lost it through heavy dieting. The same happened in 7th grade. And, I'm losing it again.

• I'd have her eating healthy and working out with me so she will stay healthy

• No, I already like fat girls. Maybe if she got really really big though then yea.

• obesity is on par with cheating? to be honest your mad. if you truly someone HELP the person instead of complaining she is fat help her become a better person

• I would give her a chance to lose the weight but I don't think I could stay married to someone I'm not attracted to and I'm not attracted to heavy girls

• Don't act like a cunt. Or you will only attract cunts.

• I love how your only defense against people who have a different opinion than you is that you claim how much smarter and stronger you are than them despite how you say your opinions are fact which isn't exactly a sign of intelligence but idiocy...

• Personally yes. I'm overweight myself but I don't expect fit girls to like me because it would be very unfair if she works hard to keep fit and I just do nothing about my weight. I'm working on getting fit and I don't want my girl to be or get fat, because I don't find it attractive.