Omg can I just get over my ex already?

Anonymous
I'm really here to just vent. Any advice is welcomed. Dated a guy 6 months and he just didn't seem that into me and I was falling for him. Broke up with him because we didn't communicate often (even after disscusing the problem) and on Christmas eve he was ignoring my texts and phone calls because he was at his female friends house when he was suppose to be going with me to my moms. He texted me saying if it was a misunderstanding he would forget about it and he wanted me in his life. 3 days later I Told him i wanted to work on it and he said he would think about it, so I said nevermind bye. 4 months later I feel pathetic that I still think about him everyday when I haven't heard from him since the breakup. I just found out he purchased a house and I am excited for him, but I feel like I am missing out. I'm trying to move on but we have mutual friends so they bring him up often not realizing I'm still hurting. None of our friends took our relationship seriously as I was his first girlfriend and he's really immature. I know I will EVENTUALLY find someone else. I'm not in a good state to date anyone right now, even him, if we could work things out. I need to let go and move on but for whatever reason I can't. I've noticed I do this everytime a breakup happens. I hold on to this hope when they make it clear that I'm not worth it to them. Why would I sabatoge my own happiness over someone who took me for granted? I don't believe its validation or ego. I really care about him. Mehhh advice to the crazy person?
Omg can I just get over my ex already?
Add Opinion