My girlfriend split up with me but she says she still likes me but she's confused and also she misses being close friends?

my girlfriend broke up with me tonight I feel upset I was crying earlier on and she says she still likes me but she's confused and also that she misses it and preferred it when we were close friends I don't know what to do we still want to be close but could I still have a chance

22

Most Helpful Girl

• I just suggest that you try to take a break for a while. If she is confused, then having you there is probably actually not going to help with the sorting out process.

After you have been in a relationship, it is often difficult to become just friends. It is like you still want each other, but you might also want other people and you kind of just want to be available just in case... which is something she might be going through right now.

But I am not there, I cannot tell for sure, and if you can't tell for sure either, a long break from each other will probably help each of you to eventually clear all the emotions that you have that are making it difficult for you to think logically, hence the "confusion," that is going on now.

What Girls Said 1

• she won't split up with you if she really likes you.. she's just afraid of feeling alone/lonely.. you'll just get hurt..

What Guys Said 2

• Since you got together you have started to behave differently with her. I'm not saying this is bad or good or wrong or right, but she liked you better before, when you were just friends.

• To clarify, that doesn't mean you can't be together as partners. It means you'll need to change back whatever it is that you started to do differently. Maybe that does mean you are going to have to go back to being just friends, but I don't know that.

• i guess now she just wants 2 b friends with u and only...:-)