Is it a good idea to have my best friend talk to my ex's best friend in hopes of reconciliation?

Okay, so my ex's phone is broke, and we don't go to the same school anymore. I reall have no way of directly contacting him without seeming like a stalker. We dated for 2 years and were extremely serious: we had the rest of our lives planned out together, and then one day he broke up with me out of the blue. It's been a little over a month. Almost five weeks.

So to get ahold of him, or at least see how he's feeling about it, is it a good idea to have my best friend, who is friends with his best friend, bring it up and ask how my ex feels about the break up? We have had no contact since the break up and I want him back, and while I do not have high hopes of getting back together, i'd at least like to know for sure where he stands on it.

If this is a good idea, what should my friend say to his friend? Is there any other way I could contact him without seeming creepy? Since his phone is broken, he really doesn't have a way to contact me either, even if he wanted to, which just makes me wonder even more if he misses me! Please help?

43

Most Helpful Girl

• If he wants to reach out he will find a way, trust me. My advice is to do nothing and try to move on. I'm on a same boat right now, so I know how you feel. Just repeat this quote to yourself:

"Those who want find a way and those who don't find an excuse."

• But I mean, I want to reach out to him and I haven't found a way. What if he's in the same boat?

• You were dumped. You don't get to reach out. And phone is not the only way for reaching out. But I know how you feel and you're probably not gonna take any advice, so if it will make you feel better knowing what he's thinking then go ahead. But I am almost sure he's gonna want to stay friends and you're gonna be getting mixed signals and be confused. I told my ex that I don't want to have any contact with him but if he changes his mind he should contact me. Maybe you should do the same.

• Yeah I know. I know I'm not thinking straight right now, I'm just desperate to hear from him.

What Guys Said 3

• I think, it would be better to give it time. 5 weeks is a VERY short time for this. And, HE CAN CONTACT YOU! If he wanted, he could b thinking of this same thing of having the friends relay messages. I agree with the person who said he should call since he broke up with you.
    Hang in there!

• I do not think you should do that.
    If he wants to contact, even if his phone is broken, he will do it first.
    And I do not think "phone is broken" can be a legit cause as I cannot imagine a person do not use phone for weeks.
    I think he just does not want to contact you.

• Isn't this the guy that was abusive?

What Girls Said 3

• Just move on... It sounds like you want him back really badly.. In a few years you won't even think about him anymore

• No. He should intiate contact sunce he left you. But if you must, go ahead ~

• The problem is that he has no way of initiating contact even he if wanted to

• He could talk to you mutual friend. Don't make exuses for him. If he wanted to, he'd find a way.

• Sure.
    (Filler)