What is it like to get your heart broken?

If you've has this happen? (In'm sorry :'( ) What happened?

43

Most Helpful Guy

What Guys Said 2

• Speaking from experience, to me it felt like the whole world is crumbling down on me and getting hit with a spear right through my chest or heart cavity. And all that pain and blood dripping down from your body is simply a part of you that's expelling itself from the world. From time to time, you may never feel like you're going to be whole again.

• That was the first time I ever got my heart broken; my highschool girlfriend whose been with me for 4 years and was engaged to me at one point.

• ya, @chick180 told me bye bye no more... so i'm trying to pick up my heart pieces , but i can't find the last one. I don't know where its at

What Girls Said 4

• I haven't had it happen, but I've heard a friend say that it feels like the "life is sucked out of you" and there's a heavy weight "crashing down on you".

• I've had it happened to me once by my first love. The first time getting my heart broken was like a shot right in my stomach. It was out of the blue, I didn't really see it coming and then after that I just felt broken, and I felt like I couldn't breathe like I was having a heart attack. All you want to do at night is cry yourself to sleep.

• It depends on how it happened. But bottom line, it hurts like hell.

• You can't eat, or sleep. You feel a heavy pain near your chest area. You cry sometimes, and get frustrated.