Ex wishing me happy birthday, should I reply?

We were together for 3 years and then he dumped me because he got bored. He wanted to stay friends but I said no that I don't want to have any contact with him, that he can contact me only if he changes his mind about us. It's been 2 months. So it's my b-day and he texted me "Happy birthday :) " Do I reply or ignore?

24

Most Helpful Girl

• Just because two people Break up doesn't mean they can't and don't Make up and that it's Good-bye forever, my love. And with an "EX" who still Marks an X in his own softie spot here, dear, there is usually motive in mind when it comes the time To-----Texted me "Happy birthday."
    It's 'Been 2 months' and still counting, and with this special message he is sending your way on your day, he Obviously is Missing the Kissing and the history you both shared. However, it doesn't necessarily mean to that he wants to be these two birds again of a feather or hooked at the hip, but he could be letting you know that he does still want you in his life as a special friend and could be hoping... you change your mind.
    You will never know unless you give this a reply with your own try. Be polite, civil, tell him "Thank you" and find out if perhaps there is more in store. You could find out that he hasn't had a change of heart but with a bit of thinking... maybe you will have a change of heart and it could lead to starting out slow this time, nursing and nurturing a friendship that could eventually turn better than ever into a Rolling Relationship.
    On another note, if you find out that he wants to be friends and you still are sticking to your guns, then tell him "Thank you but I haven't changed my mind and call me when you have something different in mind."
    Good luck. xx

What Guys Said 4

• Ignore it.

• We'll have you changed your mind about him? Would you want him back? If yes, reply. If no then just reply thanks. Because it's rude to not reply. Society is fucked!

• maybe just a one word 'thanks" unless you are interested in rekindling your relatonship

• What if I am?

• then you should try and start an actual conversation with him instead of just a one word reply

• Ignore hum

What Girls Said 1

• Ignore. He is no longer an important part in your life. He had his shot and decided you were not worth it. Why would you keep ties with anyone who treated you like that? If a friend or parent broke ties with you because they "got bored", would you ever want to keep them in your life? Guys aren't any different. Stop giving them a free pass and thinking they suddenly are in love with you because they reach out for a happy birthday text. Not even man enough to give you a phone call to say happy birthday?

Remember, just because a guy shows interest in you, doesn't mean he values you. Typically, when a guy reaches out to an ex, it's because he's having trouble finding new "booty" and is looking for an easy way to sneak his way into getting something without having to work at it.

Don't change your mind about someone who thinks it's acceptable to treat people that way. Focus on finding someone who is worthy of your time and respect.