Could I get a little insight please?

My ex-boyfriend and I broke up about 6 months ago, but we continued to hang out and hook up. I figured it would stop eventually, but then he told me that the reason he broke up with me was because he didn't think he was right for me. He went on to say that he missed me and wanted to be the person to help me get everything I wanted in life. I was really confused because he doesn't really talk about his feelings very easily. We only actually dated for 8 months but we've continued seeing each other so now its been over a year. Does anyone have any explanation about what he's feeling/thinking? I would really appreciate it!

22

Most Helpful Girl

• Or it could be that it is more comfortable for him to be with you, "convenient" if you will, of being with you is better than being alone. I'm not saying that he's necessary faking his feelings, but that if he knows your not "the one" for him, and trust me... they know..., then why waste each other's time? I could also be wrong. Just make sure it is YOU he wants to be with and not what comforts you bring... (i. e. food, comfort, regular sex...)

But it sounds like it's time for him to make a decision.
    Are you in a relationship or not?
    If not, don't give in to the hook up bullshit and actually end it, so it doesn't bite you in the ass later when you get serious with someone else. ijs.

What Guys Said 2

• Sounds genuine, one way to know for sure ultimatum time! "Official' or "Go roll your dice in another alley!"

• When you break up with someone but still hook up you still have feeling for them and it makes it harder. His feelings for you are probably genuine unless he is a Playa and if he is props to him.

What Girls Said 1

• I'd laugh. Don't you think you should be the judge if he's right for you. Mostly men I've met like that only want the relationship for the sake of having one. Your still hooking up and just now he's rethinking it. I just don't think it's a good reason after a year of being broken up and hooking up is reason to get back together.