I am having trouble with my boyfriend... What do I do?

My boyfriend of 6 months has been annoying and I am ready to break things off. But I have 8 days of school with him left and we graduate in 10 days. I am debating waiting till after graduation or just doing it in the next couple days. What do I do? I am trying to distance my self from him, and he's getting clingy. Help!!!

13

Most Helpful Guy

• Hi Purple Freak

I've always believed that honesty is the best way to deal with matters of the heart. If he's getting, "clingy" then I suspect he probably already knows that something is up. Further, it will probably get more difficult for you to act like things are okay when they are not!

I would take some time and give some thought to how you will handle this including what your going to say and how you are going to say it.

Perhaps have the break up conversation in a public place. The chances of a big scene being made under these circumstances are minimal.

Keep in mind that he has friends and that they will talk, especially if it does not go well and this may well reflect on you. While we all would like to say that we don't care what others think; no one lives in a vacuum and what comes around goes around so deal with this in a sensitive and thoughtful manner.

Ripping the band aid off any wound hurts, but that's when the healing begins...

What Guys Said 2

• its going to upset him either way but you owe it to yourself and him to tell him right away

• dump him gurl

What Girls Said 1

• It's better to do it as soon as possible. You want to move on, and you shouldn't keep a guy that you've lost feelings for to keep you away from that. Though it may be hard to tell him or he may not take it to well, In the end you will be happy about what you did and won't regret anything.