Should we be friends after breaking up?

I went out with this guy for about a month, we talked on the phone almost everyday, visited each other's houses just to talk and we had also become intimate at one point. Then he comes over my house last weekend and tells me how he's not feeling it and wants to be friends. Since, he has invited me to a couple of events and has explicitly that he really likes just hanging out - no sex - but never meant to hurt me and understands if I don't want to be his friend. I miss taking to him but should I be his friend? I just don't get why he would hang around me so much but then turn around and say he's not feeling it.

22

Most Helpful Girl

• No you should not.

What Guys Said 2

• Honestly, if it were me, I would just cut all ties. All that does is cloud judgment and cause confusion and jealousy with a new relationship.

• Well, in reality it's hard to keep a friendship going after that, but you didn't go out long, and avoiding him won't be doing much for you. So give being friends a good try

• I don't know we had sex and I really like him so I just can't go backwards I don't think

What Girls Said 1

• Being %100 honest, he has probably found someone else, but since you's only dated for a month, it will be easy to stay friends cause I'm guessing you didn't fall in love with him that early