Silent treatment on a cheater?

I found out my girlfriend cheated on me... I'm so upset at her that I shut down and now I am giving her the silent treatment. I'm usually treating her with a lot of love and care but cheating is like back stabbing and the most disrespectful thing my heart is so broken.

is my behavior ok? I mean this is my way of saying I'm done she keeps texting me asking me for closure

52

Most Helpful Girl

• You're behaviour is what I would expect. I have been hurt and angry with my husband... he didn't cheat, he just cuts me down and sometimes says extremely hurtful things and I shut down like you have. I am a sensitive person.
    You're girlfriend violated your trust and now she is asking you for a favour by giving her closure. You owe her nothing! Look after yourself and do what you need to do to get over it - if you need the closure then fine meet her but if you'd rather not ever see her again than just dont. You didn't do the wrong thing here...

What Girls Said 4

• She definitely fucked you over, but you should let her know it's over and not to contact you any more.

• This is the best answer. Yes the bitch did a bad deed but any one deserves to know that it's over.

• Kind of childish.

Just break up with her. You can never trust her again, so why prolong this?

• text her and give her closure. communication is so important. if you got hurt and doesn't like her anymore, tell it to her.. so that both of you could move on without thinking if you're still in relationship or not..

• How long have you been ignoring her? In my opinion, if you want to break up, tell her after you ignore her for few days. I've got that treatment before, and honestly more than 3 days, I lost respect towards the person that does the silent treatment. That shows immaturity and inability to communicate and solve problem.

• Sleeping w her ex boyfriend behind my back deserves my respect?

• Everyone has different opinions and principle about cheating. I have been in that situation and I stayed trying to work things out. I found out I'm the kind of person that doesn't forget. Everytime problem came, I always brought it up, I could never trust him and feel secure in that relationship, it hurt both of us and the relationship died eventually. If you're just like me, unless both of you are okay to stay in a relationship without trust and security, I'd say just break up with her. Did she admit that she cheated or you found out by yourself? If you found out, plus the fact that she made you feel bad the first time you were suspecting something fishy, she sounds a little off. I wouldn't want to be with someone like that. I know it's hard, but at least you learn something about her.

• Yes I don't forget especially if she shows shady signs again... Yes she was denying it the whole time until I found an email address that she wrote too around the time she went missing and the name was her ex so I confronted her and she was cornered so she admitted but I believe the details she is giving me are still lies...

What Guys Said 2

• You're entitled to respond however you'd like.

But...

If you're done like you say you are, I would just tell her it's over. No need to string it out.

• At least tell her kiss my ass I'm done with you bitch. After that give her silent it will make her crazy.