How to get over someone for good?

So I have been on and off with a guy for two years and we finally broke up for good. We have a couple college classes together and i am partners with him. his dorm is near mine too. how do i finally get over him for good and get a new boyfriend.

I know about the no contact rule and i don't text him anymore. the only time i talk to him is in class if i have to.

32

Most Helpful Girl

• I think that the only way you may get over him is if you just stop seeing him altogether, to be honest. But, I understand that you guys go to the same school, so that may be tough. Getting a new boyfriend is of course another option, but if you are super picky and there's a shortage of men in your area, that could be a problem.
    My advice is to keep yourself busy and occupied. Old feelings may come back depending on your contact with him, but allow nature to take it's course... Don't rush it, allow things to play out on its own.

Good luck..

What Guys Said 2

• If you are into the on again/off again style of relationships, the only sure fire method is to move to another country.

• we are done for good this time

• wtf I'm just wondering how i can get over him so i can get a new boyfriend and have a good life

• Okay. As you get more distant from him, you will tend to conveniently forget all the bad stuff and you'll miss the parts that were good. write a letter to yourself now, reminding yourself of why you broke up and all the reasons it would be a mistake to get back together. Then read that letter every morning and every afternoon until that letter becomes the only reason that you even remember him.

• Time. =------

What Girls Said 2

• No contact rule plus distractions!

• i know that i don't text him anymore and only talk to him if i have to about school

• Try talking to new people